Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

Parley Anybody?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

So I just played The Last of Us for the first time.

Got through the first couple of encounters after the superb opening. It's certainly an interesting take on 3rd person action thus far - it makes me Joel, instead of Joel me. I aim with Joel's shaky hands, instead of him aiming with my stonecold killer thumb. It's a Joel simulator, and thus feels kinda more real.

I'm playing it on normal difficulty, and aside from headshots, everybody takes 3 shots to down - it feels kinda off in regards to the realistic tone of the game. I think I might set it to easy to make the gunplay more appropriately deadly (for my foes).

That aside, what irks me a bit is that talking isn't a bigger thing in the game. I feel like in this *real* world The Last of Us builds up, people would parley before shooting each other. It's kinda odd to either not talk at all, or not having any influence over the outcome of the parley - because without it, right now it still feels like a shooter at its core, rather than something else.

pizzapotomus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By pizzapotomus

I thought It wasn't out till Friday.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Seppli

@pizzapotomus said:

I thought It wasn't out till Friday.

I am surprised too. Guess my retailer was happy with me for preordering the PS4 and getting a 365 days sub for PS+. It's an imported UK version though (it's like 10 bucks cheaper than the local version), usually those come a day late - so I was doubly surprised.

I am so close to buying and picking up a VITA tomorrow. A 3G bundle with that RC Pro Am looking game and a 4 GB memcard for roughly 200$. Cheaper than the Wi-Fi only ones. Guess I'm smelling of loose money right now, and everybody wants a piece.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@pizzapotomus: Early copies have started going out in lots of places, sadly.
    It's not a new thing really so it's to be expected.

Either people just don't know how to use a calendar or they just don't care.
    Then again, most people who work at game stores like Gamestop or something aren't exactly scientists so it's probably the "don't know how a calendar works" thing :P

pizzapotomus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I guess a Friday release was too complicated for retailers. Anyway glad you are enjoying the game and I hope to join you on Friday when my amazon order comes in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.