Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Bum-bo

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 12, 2019

A procedurally-generated, turn-based, tile-matching RPG with a cardboard aesthetic and heavy themes of money and poop. It is a prequel to The Binding of Isaac.

Strategic match 4... with poop

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

I've been putting some time into this game since it released last week, and it's pretty great. I was sceptical of the match 4 gameplay, but after watching Edmund McMillan's YouTube streams testing the game, and being a fan of Binding of Issac, I really wanted to give it a shot. There's a good amount of strategy that really lets you feel like you're driving the action, but plenty of randomness thrown in there. It reminds me a decent bit of Legend of Fae, which was an overlooked gem of a game in my opinion. And it definitely scratches a similar itch to Slay the Spire and Into the Breach. There have been technical issues, but it's also being patched on a daily basis, so hopefully it'll be effectively complete soon.

Anyone else given this game a shot?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I've been enjoying it a lot. It feels really light on content right now, but I'm hoping it gets the same long-term support that Isaac did/does. As someone who hates what has become of Puzzle Quest, this has been quite a treat.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

I'm really loving the game, but there's a lotttt of issues, particularly to do with interface and UI. Things like !s being hidden offscreen. Thankfully, though, they seem to be doing a lot of updates.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.