Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 22, 2013

The first original The Legend of Zelda game on the Nintendo 3DS and also a direct sequel to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past set six generations after.

First review in: 10/10

• 56 results
    RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By RazielCuts

9.5 on Polygon.

The ever-hated Arthur Geis called it the best Zelda game in the past 20 years. Pretty high praise.

Hyperbole swings both ways.

Avatar image for generic_username
    generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By generic_username

I finished it today. I'm a really big Zelda fan, but I never finished Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, or Spirit Tracks, for context.

The game is fantastic. It's not linear. Like, at all. And the puzzles and bosses are challenging, but not frustrating, and the "get all the items at a shop" thing actually serves the game really well. It allows the dungeons to have much more interesting puzzle design,and when you always have a suite of tools at your disposal, you feel much smarter solving them, too.

The game rewards you for exploring, and trying new things. Any time you think you're going to do something that you think will break sequence in a dungeon or get you somewhere you're not supposed to go, you're met with a reward. The new merging mechanic is also really cool.

I agree with the high praise, and I'm someone that would've given Skyward Sword a 7 (based on how far I got into it.)

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

It's a mega super cool game.

ryanwhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well yeah, a lot of games aped OOT but very few aped ALTTP, the way it handles things hasn't worn thin. In the same way FF7 isnt a bad game it just set too many precedents that people copied until everyone was sick of it. OOT was getting that way too cus every third person thing now has something like z targeting and vague RPG elements. ALTTP was more of a puzzle and had a sense of discovery that the later games lost when any divergence from the path only netted you a heart piece, a scarab, or a nice rupee. Secrets feel significant again.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Coafi
    TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've wanted a great Zelda handheld for a while now. Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks disappointed me. Having to only use the touch screen drove me insane and it seemed like the dungeons were dumbed down due to the design. There were parts I enjoyed but those touch controls, man. Buttons or no thank you.

This game is absolutely fantastic though. I have four dungeons left and I can't decide which to go to first. Still haven't found those dang Pegasus Boots yet.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By GalacticPunt

@fattony12000: I was just admiring mine today. Then I realized the golden Triforce on the top and the black Triforce on the bottom of the 3DS represent Hyrule and Lorule.

No Caption Provided

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coafi said:

@fattony12000: Is the inside also gold?

It sure is!

No Caption Provided

@fattony12000: I was just admiring mine today. Then I realized the golden Triforce on the top and the black Triforce on the bottom of the 3DS represent Hyrule and Lorule.

No Caption Provided

FREED.

MY.

MIND.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.