Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 22, 2013

The first original The Legend of Zelda game on the Nintendo 3DS and also a direct sequel to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past set six generations after.

Is gamestop doing a midnight launch for this game? If so...

snarekick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok, my brother bought me this game from target.com way back in September for my birthday. That copy is not going to get to my house til next Tuesday, but I could probably pick up a midnight release copy this Thursday night and return my shipped (sealed) copy to gamestop with my gamestop receipt, right?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Ok, my brother bought me this game from target.com way back in September for my birthday. That copy is not going to get to my house til next Tuesday, but I could probably pick up a midnight release copy this Thursday night and return my shipped (sealed) copy to gamestop with my gamestop receipt, right?

Keep in mind that if you attend a midnight launch, you'll have to contend with the potential throng of people waiting to pick up their Xbox One consoles.

snarekick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh fuck. I totally did not think of that. ugh

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

My GameStop is doing a Midnight for Xbox One, but they said they can probably sell me Mario and Zelda that night as well. Going to stop in on Thursday to double check.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

What does Gamestop do midnight launches for? Consoles, obviously. How big does a game have to be, though? I'm sure Halo 3 got one, and stuff on that magnitude. But has any Nintendo game warranted a midnight launch this generation?

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TruthTellah

@snarekick: Hey, gotta fly your Nintendo flag, man.

http://wearitasbling.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/zelda-bling.jpg

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TruthTellah

@bisonhero said:

What does Gamestop do midnight launches for? Consoles, obviously. How big does a game have to be, though? I'm sure Halo 3 got one, and stuff on that magnitude. But has any Nintendo game warranted a midnight launch this generation?

Recently, Pokemon X & Y was pretty significant and had a midnight launch.

snarekick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that i think of it I'm not sure they would do a midnight release for zelda alone, but with it being the night of xbone and mario I'm sure they'll sell it as well.

But i should be able to return the shipped copy for cash back with my receipt at gamestop correct?

CDUB901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, as long as it has the same UPC on the back then it'll be fine to return the one from target at gamestop...don't see any problem with that myself. If all else fails just find your local Wal-Mart and take it back there. If they stock the item they will take it without a receipt for store credit that you can use on another game

I'd call your local gamestop first though and make sure they will sell you Zelda at midnight. They will be open regardless because the Xbone launch, but some gamestops are assholes about selling something in the store that isn't part of that specific event. You'll probably have to wait until all Xbone customers are taken care of and sorted before they will sell it to you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.