Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Apr 27, 2000

The follow-up to Ocarina of Time sees the series stalwart Link embark on a journey to save the land of Termina from being crushed by the moon in three days. To defeat the Skull Kid, Link has to live the same three days over and over again.

My problem with secret stuff

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By I_smell

I'm playin Majora's Mask right now, and I keep bein in a position where I could drop what I'm doin and go after some crazy secret shit.
     Here's the problem though: All the treasure chests in this game have 20 rupees in em. And I've allways got 99 rupees.
    The only GOOD stuff in the game is along the main route, and I'll pick it up when I come to it- cos why would they put resources into stuff nobody's gonna get?

And this really deflates my want to explore. GTA 4, Shadow Complex, Alan Wake: The sneaky route allways leads to boring shit I don't want. It's never like a crazy weapon or gadget or something.
    EXCEPT in some recent American RPGs like Mass Effect or Fallout or whatever. They seem to lead you to new characters and conversations n shit, which I really love.

Discuss this!

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hitchenson

Shadow Complex? Really, maybe I remember that game wrong. But yeah, I always like being rewarded for wondering off the main track in games, feels good.

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Kjellm87

Majora's mask have a lot of good stuff with the side quest, like hanging around North Clock Town around midnight first day.
    Fill up the bank for a bigger wallet, do Skulltula house by the bay day 1 or 2 do get a even bigger wallet

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By EvilTwin

Mass Effect?  What do you explore in Mass Effect?  Probably my biggest complaint about that game is that there's nothing interesting to find in the world.  Especially off the beaten path.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By I_smell

I don't remember much of Mass Effect 1, but Mass Effect 2 was pretty much ALL side-stuff. All the shop people had stuff to talk about, the krogans in the citadel had a weird citadel-fish thing they wanted you to do, Dr Chakwas wants booze n that gets you a little scene, the romance stuff is ALL optional, on every planet someone's missing or needs help, or is a racist or something.
    Check out any of these.

You get to meet a bunch of fun characters or learn about weird lore stuff, it's not just pickin up +1000 credits every time.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Brendan

It apparently just won game of the decade at gamefaqs.  That is all.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Brendan said:
    " It apparently just won game of the decade at gamefaqs.  That is all. "
    I love me some Zelda, but "lol" is the only reasonable response.
    Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Kjellm87
    @Brendan said:
    " It apparently just won game of the decade at gamefaqs.  That is all. "
    Maybe not the game of decade, but I can kinda see why they choose it, 
    I really liked how the in-game clock made the world very dynamic and believable,
    and riding around with the moon close and the bell ringing give you a very strong feeling
    Game not a push-over either
    I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By I_smell

Well I've started playin it (for the first time) a couple weeks ago and I wouldn't even recommend it right now :|

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.