Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 21, 1998

The first 3D Legend of Zelda game, Ocarina of Time was created for the Nintendo 64 in 1998 and introduced innovative mechanics such as Z-targeting as well as many of the series' other trademarks. It has frequently been ranked as the greatest game of all time by many publications.

So the end of this game got changed a bit.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By TehFlan

So I beat Ocarina of Time 3D yesterday, and a friend that was watching me do that noticed that when you escape Ganondorf's castle, you don't actually see it collapse. You see Link and Zelda run out, and when they turn around the castle has already collapsed. Anyone know what the reason for the change was? I mean, it wasn't animated super well, but it still seems weird to me that they'd just remove it entirely.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By project343

Maybe it bogged down the system and they were too lazy to do anything proper with it? Sounds like the amount of effort that modern day Nintendo is willing to invest. (man, that sounds so much more jaded in text than it did in my head)

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I found a video of it collapsing on youtube. Starts at the 6:20 mark. It's over a whole minute of the castle collapsing. That's totally lame they would cut that out of the remake.
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RE_Player1

I wonder if they cut anything else from the remake.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.