Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 18, 2011

Link descends from his floating continent home to explore the dark and dangerous world below with the help of a magical sword, in this Wii installment of the Legend of Zelda series.

Watching Miyamoto play was like

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By bhhawks78

Was like watching a friend's drunk girlfriend suck a different guys dick in the bathroom of a club.  Personally I don't care, and my friend (Zelda fans) will make excuses that she was drunk/it was a mistake/he forgives her, but in the long run I just feel bad for him.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

Yeah, it didn't look good. I mean graphically it was nice, but it wasn't controlling well. I'm going to assume its a glitch or problem with the show. 

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bhhawks78
    @AgentJ said:
    " Yeah, it didn't look good. I mean graphically it was nice, but it wasn't controlling well. I'm going to assume its a glitch or problem with the show.  "
    I just assume it's like every other motion wii game not involved with sports or called bloom blox.  Aka shits going to release borderline broken and noone will care.
    Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Ace829

The lag between his movements and the game didn't look very promising. Also the game graphically looks worse than Twilight Princess.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By AgentJ
    @bhhawks78 said:
    " @AgentJ said:
    " Yeah, it didn't look good. I mean graphically it was nice, but it wasn't controlling well. I'm going to assume its a glitch or problem with the show.  "
    I just assume it's like every other motion wii game not involved with sports or called bloom blox.  Aka shits going to release borderline broken and noone will care. "
    Or it could be like what Red Steel 2 is like, because the sword controls great in that. 
    @Ace829 said:
    " The lag between his movements and the game didn't look very promising. Also the game graphically looks worse than Twilight Princess. "
    Yeah, the lag was bad, but as far as the graphics I think you're crazy.
    Okari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Okari

Lets be realistic though, this game isn't coming out until late next year at the earliest. They'll have enough time to improve the look and feel of it.

ToadRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ToadRunner

I think the way they presented it was very bad, but i could see what the game would be like when i actually got to play it.

ToadRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ToadRunner

btw- i thought graphically the game looked a lot like super mario galaxy, in terms of style

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

I thought at first that he was mimicking the actions for a previously taped gameplay recording or something.

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Kiemoe

It was pretty embarrassing. Frustrated the hell out of me. But like Okari said, this game has plenty of time till it's actually coming out, so I'm going to try and reserve judgement of the final product until then.

xCJES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xCJES

I felt so friggin bad for the guy..I mean he created a lot of amazing franchises and he couldn't even play Zelda.. 

If there wasn't anything wrong with the tech then Miyamoto is a huge noob!  Although I think it was broken, and it was dissapointing in my opinion..and I'm a huge Zelda fan!
    Hilbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hilbert

I thought it was hillarious that he didn't get those controls to work. Why not give people the choice to play with a gamecube controller or the gimmick.

Tirrandir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Tirrandir

They said it was broken, and in the Epic Mickey presentation the pointer stuff looked a bit jank, too. So I imagine that it was a sensor bar/remote communication problem. People who are playing it on the floor are saying it controls just fine.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By rjayb89

I can't wait until I can finally pull the Epic Mickey.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrKlorox

Lol at the OP. It was more like watching your grandfather bombing at stand-up comedy. You feel bad for him and know he can do better, but there's nothing but flaming wreckage.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Cube

Pretty great analogy. 

Holy fuck I lol'd. Nice.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By agentboolen

I think the control glitches will be fixed, I like that he was blaming it on someone's cell phone roflao.  For the graphics it didn't look that good imo, i know its not HD but even the Mario Galaxy games felt impressive looking, the demo's graphics look a bit bland.  I'll hope its just because its a demo and only showing the early stages.  

In the end I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo ends up making a really fun game, but the demo did look a little rough.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ryanwho
    @bhhawks78 said:
    " @AgentJ said:
    I just assume it's like every other motion wii game not involved with sports or called bloom blox.  Aka shits going to release borderline broken and noone will care. "
    Clueless bitch makes a troll thread.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
    deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You think they'll ever fix the glitches with nonresponsive motion controls in all the other wii games? 

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By clubsandwich

that was sad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.