Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Dec 13, 2002

The first entry in the Zelda franchise for the GameCube, sporting a distinctive cel-shaded graphics style. It built upon the mechanics of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and its oceanic setting emphasized exploration.

My most beautiful game of the year.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Steadying

Graphics are not something I usually care that much about. But I just have to talk about the graphics in The Wind Waker HD. Mainly because I see very few other people doing so for some reason. They're stunning! Absolutely stunning. There was a time on Outset Island during the day where I just sat there looking at the game for a good five minutes just because of how gorgeous it looked. The lighting, the colors, the.....everything! On top of that, the game just looks......I dunno, smooth? This game came out so long ago, so it's crazy how it's my personal best looking game of the year, but man. MAN.

I dunno, I felt like I had to talk about this. I've been playing it for about a day now, and not often am I absolutely floored my graphics, but I just have to say something about this game. The only problem I have with them so far (if this even falls into the graphics category) is the frame rate. It gets really rotten whenever those weird particle effects are on screen. Like, really fucking rotten. Which is unforunate because every other aspect of this game's graphics are just completely flawless in my opinion. Sure, games like Battlefield 4 and The Last of Us also came out this year, but I don't think I'm ever gonna be super into the whole " realistic " graphics stuff until we get to a point where we're basically just playing CG movies because there's still just too many flaws in those visuals for me to really be able to say wow.

So yeah! My dumb best looking game of the year award goes to Wind Waker HD!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.