Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Outer Worlds

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 25, 2019

A sci-fi RPG from Obsidian Entertainment in the vein of Fallout: New Vegas.

Bullet sponges

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi all,

I have recently got back into playing The Outer Worlds. I am enjoying the game a lot, however, I have noticed in the last hour or so of gameplay that enemies have become much harder to take down and I am running out of ammo fast. I have guns that are over 600dps but I am only causing 4 to 8 damage with a lot of shots. Do I need to dump some serious skill points into ranged combat, or am I just in an area the character is not the right level for?

Thank you.

P.S If anybody has played the DLC how is it?

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been a bit, and I don't know what difficulty you're playing on, but I had the completely opposite experience, to be honest. By the end of the game, fights were basically an afterthought. I was mildly annoyed by the final boss fight because I think it is a stupidly designed fight, but it wasn't really difficult.

It makes me wonder if they tinkered with some of that stuff? Because I recall it being a general complaint on the normal and hard difficulties.

As for the DLC, I've read good things but haven't played it yet.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Here to mirror both your question and Seth's comment: I think you're right that your character isn't spec'd for the sort of combat you're trying to engage in, because my primary memory of Outer Worlds was that it hit its peak around 12 hours in and had a slow, steady, perfectly enjoyable 15 hour cooldown where the combat became trivial and the conflicts a bit repetitive.

So yea, I'd check whether your build is negating the power of the weapons; I'll say I mostly preferred to just run around and hit things with big sticks and swords in this game rather than use the guns.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To give some more details on this, my character is level 22 and has skill points of around 20-30 in ranged gun stats and under 10 in hand to hand combat. The reason they are so low is that I have been dumping all my stats into speech, repair/engineer and stealth/hacking stats as I just want the options open when available for using speech and not guns to solve missions/quests.

This had not been an issue until (spoilers for second planet) I got to the area where the crashed ship comes down after activating the radio beacon. Going across the bridge where the wine factory is and past that I have lost about 40 stim packs and ran out of ammo twice. My AI companions get gunned down fast so I can find myself having a gun battle with one particularly strong creature for maybe 2-3 minutes of me just slowly grinding down its health while dodging and healing myself from its attacks. This was not the case prior to this though as I found clearing enemies not too tough and maybe died 2-3 times prior to this where I have died several more times. End of spoilers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.