Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Pinball Arcade

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 09, 2012

Official virtual recreations of numerous pinball tables from some of the largest manufacturers of pinball machines in history.

This darn game FINALLY comes out tomorrow for the 360!

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I've been waiting so long, and it's finally here. I love Pinball FX2, but I'm tired of their super hero tables, and increasingly unrealistic table design. The Williams Pinball Collection was a fantastic game, and it's going to be wonderful to play on some new tables.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Cincaid

@SpaceInsomniac: I'm quite interested in this new pinball game as well, even if I'm still really enjoying Pinball FX2.

Anyone got any word of this game's quality, is it worth the space bucks?

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SeriouslyNow

The Android version is AMAZING.  Great ball physics, jarringly accurate tables and proper sampled sounds.  I can't see how the console and PC releases could possibly be any worse. :)

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By fox01313

Very fun though it'd be good to have a few more camera options (similar to pinball fx2). Theater of Magic is the one I'd love to see more of but the camera seems to only be good at a full table view, curious to see more of this game putting out more tables as they got the 4 tables that are out now done quite well. 800 space microsoft points/bucks for this btw for the core set (Black Hole, Ripley's Believe it or Not, Arabian Nights & Theater of Magic). I hope that Gorgar (one of the others from the Williams collection they did, shows up here as that one was so wonderfully fitting in that 1970s way of drive in horror plus the table was fun to play more of it.

Now if we can just get Pinball Arcade to have the multiplayer features from Pinball Fx2 (or Game Room) it'd be well worth the price.

Avatar image for skullcrushermountain
    SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@Cincaid: If you like the pinballs, this is absolutely worth the Microsoft space bucks. I have the Williams collection, and therefore already have the Arabian Nights (or whatever it is) table, but the other two are great. I cannot WAIT for more tables. I hope, though doubt, they'll release the Family Guy table. It's one of my favorites.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By mrcraggle

I was actually wondering if the GB crew knew about this game as most of them like pinball but dislike Pinball FX 2's ball physics. I played the trial of this today and they felt really great and all the tables felt very unique.

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Robo

Picked it up on XBox 360. It's pretty good. It's straight up pinball. The presentation is good, albeit simple, and the physics feel solid and smooth aside from occasional odd hitching when multiball first starts up.

You get the standard starting 4 tables - 3 good ones and Black Hole...heh. I look forward to seeing other tables rolled out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.