Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Political Machine 2012

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jul 31, 2012

The Political Machine 2012 is a turn based strategy game updated for the 2012 election season. Players campaign as a presidential candidate in an effort to win the United States presidential election.

The Quick Look Machine 2012

pnevares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

#1  Edited By pnevares

Man, I thought this looked a little charming when I saw it was coming up on Steam but after watching this Quick Look, damn. Probably the most interesting thing I saw were the candidate customization options, otherwise the gameplay was bland with a capital B.

Though I'm sure it'll do okay due to its presentation on Steam, in screenshots and short clips it seems much more interesting.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Subjugation

It's an average turn based strategy game. It certainly isn't anything to write home about unless you are a political junkie like I am. I think a large part of whether or not someone likes it will be dependent upon just how much they understand politics and how interested they are in them. Despite the theme, the game isn't self-serious; it's peppered with satire pretty liberally, all the more enjoyable if you can catch the references.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Hamst3r

Bland with a capital B isn't going to stop a hardcore fanatic. Hell, the Football Manager series has had ridiculously high sales figures year after year...and it's basically Excel: The Game.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@Subjugation said:

It's an average turn based strategy game. It certainly isn't anything to write home about unless you are a political junkie like I am. I think a large part of whether or not someone likes it will be dependent upon just how much they understand politics and how interested they are in them. Despite the theme, the game isn't self-serious; it's peppered with satire pretty liberally, all the more enjoyable if you can catch the references.

I don't think you need to be that into politics to enjoy it, it's a just a pretty decent and fun strategy game in its own way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.