Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Red Strings Club

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jan 22, 2018

The Red Strings Club is a cyberpunk narrative experience about fate and happiness featuring the extensive use of pottery, bartending and impersonating people on the phone to take down a corporate conspiracy.

Is anyone else playing this?

astrophyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 20

I'm enjoying the smart dialogue, the great pixel animation, and the awesome cyberpunk styyyyyle. I'm slowly making my way through it after work. Is anyone playing this game?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I'm shocked seemingly no one is talking about this game. It's a really fascinating little game that deals with some very big, heavy ideas. Seems like something that would right up Alex and/or Vinny's alley (and the kind of game that Dan would absolutely hate). I hope they give it a shot at some point.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I do love cyberpunk but I’ve read it’s mostly dialog choices and I’m not really into pretty looking visual novels with a mini game thrown in here and there. I’m playing Persona 5 at the moment and with my limited game playing time these days that already has a large dose of pure reading for my taste. Don’t get me wrong I do love a good book and story, but I kinda want my games to be more engaging.

Avatar image for skullcrushermountain
    SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I bought it this week, and played a few minutes of it. I REALLY like the art style and soundtrack.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Picked it up on a whim today. I've found it to be way more captivating than I expected. Not very far, but I'm really enjoying it.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By MattGiersoni

It's pretty good, I love cyberpunk and sci-fi so it is right up my alley. Although I personally still think VA-11 HALL-A is way better and did a similar idea before this game. I hope people won't sleep on VA-11 HALL-A after Red Strings came out. Both are similar titles and awesome games, valhalla is super relaxing, has a great cast of characters and actually an interesting and mysterious story. Don't let the animeish look of the characters push you away, it's not fanservice waifu stuff at all. Both games utilize such a simple yet brilliant idea and it's crazy to think that no one came up with it sooner.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#7  Edited By extintor

I do like the game, but more so because of the ideas explored and the character dialogue within, rather than any of the game play elements (pottery, bartending, prank calling).

In my estimation, they all fall a bit flat. At least the bartending sections resonate with the broader treatise of the game, i.e. the ethics of emotional manipulation.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just finished and cannot believe more people didn't play it. If I'd have played it last year would have been in my top ten for sure. If you like cyperpunk, lucasarts games, free will vs fate go play this game now!

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

I played it, slightly enjoyed. Some things are heavy handed, and at one point the game does not so elegantly handle its messaging. It was engaging and fun, but once it seems like the narrative begins to really take off, the game abruptly ends.

Francium34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I played it on Game Pass (it just left though)

Overall I respect it a lot, but there were just enough problems for me to drop 1 star (on the GB rating scale).

I'm also interested in hearing if anyone re-played again after finishing. Because for all the potential of diverging dialogue, I didn't feel like the major points could actually change much.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.