Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Quest Handbook?

stewmody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By stewmody

Just opened my copy of The Witcher2 and was surprised by the Quest Handbook that was included. Is it necessary to reference the handbook in order to play the game?

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Bell_End

no

legerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By legerrid

I would suggest hiding it away and not falling for the temptation of ever using it.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TentPole

Burn it for purity.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By zombie2011

I haven't looked at it yet, but i have to say getting that and the soundtrack with the game is pretty fucking awesome.  Most guys would roll that into a collectors edition and make you pay an extra $10 for that.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti

Like other people in the thread I would actually suggest against using it at all.

It's way more fun finding things out by yourself, everything can be completed without it, and ingame quest descriptions give plenty of information, as well as you having to pay attention to dialogue anyway.
    There may be 1 or 2 places where a couple of quest don't offer a straightforward solution, but again with just a bit of time they too can be solved by yourself with some thought.

The PC digital versions came with a pdf  of a similar handbook, I only used it on my second playthrough when I play like a completionist and comb through everything I might have missed on my first run.
    But it's not necessary to reference it to play the game at all.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By musubi

Not is not necessary but it is useful. I've been peeking in it when I get stumped on a side mission.

stewmody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By stewmody

I didn't think I needed to use the guide, and will resist the temptation to use it. Unless of course I am stumped.

Still Tat's pretty cool they added that with the game, most publishers subscribe to the 'your on your own' mentality. Take for instance any EA games' joke of a manual.

Thanks for everyones feedback.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.