Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Easy way of getting Crowns

Quadfeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just got Witcher 3 and I want to know if there is any way of getting Crowns easy.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Are you just starting? Basically, you are broke as fuck at the beginning of the game but it changes rather quickly as you go. You get the most for doing quests I believe unless there was some trick I missed.

Quadfeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BrunoFFS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think that there is a easy way of making money. It's actually part of the being a witcher thing, always being broke.

Anyway, you shouldn't need to buy any equipment, just equip stuff you find and save your money for when you can craft Witcher Gear.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@brunoffs said:

I don't think that there is a easy way of making money. It's actually part of the being a witcher thing, always being broke.

Anyway, you shouldn't need to buy any equipment, just equip stuff you find and save your money for when you can craft Witcher Gear.

Yup this is good long term advice too. I mean after like 15 hours you are not going to be broke as fuck like you are early but even still don't buy swords or anything. Save for crafting Witcher gear.

I actually really liked the early parts when you are so broke because it's dire and gives you a good reason to be more heartless and take the money, which usually is not really a need in mosts RPGs. It changes shortly.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You will get money. Just be happy that for once there is a game where money isn't just a useless number and actually matters.

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sell weapons. Collect all the gear from your kills and go sell them in town. I never ran out. Also. there's not much to buy except alcohest for potions.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sell weapons. Sadly I think the best salesman is in the DLC tho lol. Oh and when you get there, convert your currency from whatever to crowns as often as possible. It is worth it.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This caused maybe the greatest patch ever. When the game was first out, you could murder cows in town and sell their bits over and over again to get pretty rich for the early game. Instead of changing the cow spawn or how much the bits were worth, they decided to just spawn an overpowered monster if you kept killing the poor cows.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The herbalist lady in White Orchard will buy honeycomb from you for a pretty good price.

But yeah, you'll pretty much be broke early on. Collecting and selling weapons is a pain in the ass, plus vendors only have a limited amount of gold. Once you actually get some, you'll want to blow it all on crafting Witcher gear and potion formulae.

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
    Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I repeatedly murdered poor Willis for his money before CDPR patched it out of the game. Now, I don't think there's a good way to make easy money until Blood and Wine, where you can farm the bandit strongholds and sell the drops. The enemies will respawn with each zone change less you capture the fortress by killing their boss.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I always sold large amounts of equipment that i found on enemies, also runes.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Selling honeycomb to the herbalist in White Orchard was definitely my go-to money making scheme in the opening hours but once I left White Orchard there was little incentive to go back.

Keep in mind that vendors don't always buy your stuff at the same price, as they are based on their profession (not always but general rule). For example, inns tend to buy junk and food higher, blacksmiths buy swords at higher prices, same with armourers and... Well, armour.

Also, larger settlements and cities like Novigrad would buy at even higher prices than poor, rundown villages. I suggest saving more valuable items until you get to Novigrad or Oxenfurt.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.