Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Playing the expansion in NG+

hach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hach

I've been playing NG+ for a little bit now and noticed that certain bits are different, basically time saving changes like cutting out bits of a quest because they aren't a mystery any more because you've played the game once. While this is pretty great I was wondering, as I haven't played the expansion before, will it also be sort of cut down in this way if I try and play it in NG+?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It had better not beacuse I plan on playing the DLC for the first time on NG+

hach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if I'm crazy or something but I can't find any confirmation online that NG+ makes any cuts whatsoever but I feel so certain that it has changed slightly

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'd say not to worry about it.

There isn't really any mystery for the expansion to cut, so I wouldn't assume there are subtractions from the content. The game goes so far out of its way to make sure you can experience Hearts of Stone organically--even pre-leveling a Geralt for you if you don't have one ready--that it's probably safe to continue onward with your New Game +.

Hearts of Stone is more about character development than it is plot twists or surprises.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I havnt noticed anything but tutorials cut from NG+. Can you give an example?

hach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla: I'm starting to think I'm imagining it being shorter maybe because I'm not paying as much attention to the story. You're probably right, the lack of tutorials just made me think it might be happening elsewhere as well.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That's a shame.

I saved my game just after finishing the main quest and used that for my Hearts of Stone play, rather than NG+.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.