Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Witcher 3's Getting Lots of Free DLC, But...

• 109 results
    LucidDreams117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By LucidDreams117

Excellent. I gladly welcome this. If only more games did this. (ahem, Destiny). Give me some nice bite sized content. Keep me coming back. Keep it fresh. Prove that it's worth coming back to and I'll happily pay for an expansion like thing. Good on em.

LVL3Bard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

With all of these beard options it sounds like I'm going to have a hard time deciding on my look.

Going to need some thinking music...

Loading Video...

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#104  Edited By armaan8014

Why does this story have an angry tone? Everyone charges for expansions. The real story is that they are releasing DLC for free.

I know right, was thinking the same thing

Dryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Take all my money, Projekt Red, just keep doing what you do.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#106  Edited By xyzygy

I'm totally all right with this, especially coming from a developer like CDPR. They have updated their past games with such ferocity... expecting a free expansion is a little much. The free DLC packs are just nice additions on top of an already sweet deal. I would gladly pay for expansion content. IMHO they are the best developer out there right now in terms of quality and support, so I will support them with my money so they can keep doing what they do.

flomby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I don't like the way this article is tiitled. CD Projekt Red has been nothing but faithful to its fans, and this is no exception. Free DLC and paid expansions is perfectly reasonable. The title makes it sound like they are being sneaky.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In this day and age I call that a deal. I'm in

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By cikame

It's cool to add little things to the game probably alongside patches, which you can then use when you come back to play the expansions if you want to, otherwise it's just a free beard :D.
    Free armour sounds strange, do you still have to buy or craft it in the game? If it's great armour you'll just use it by default removing personal customization from the game, if it's not the best no one will use it.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla: well yes, the difference this time is that they're going to charge for their big DLC, which is something they didn't do in the past. That's what Patrick is reporting as news I'm fairly sure.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Cosmetics and item DLC for free, while actual expansions worth money have a price? It scares me how much sense this makes! You the real MVP, CD Projekt RED

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.