Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Thor: God of Thunder

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Apr 29, 2011

Based on the movie based on the comic book character, Thor lets the player step into the shoes of the titular god of thunder in order to use his mighty hammer Mjolnir against the forces of evil, led by Thor's stepbrother, the evil Loki.

DS version actually looks interesting.

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By RipTheVeins

First off, the DS version of the Thor game is nothing like the console version.  Instead it has been designed by WayForward (the Contra 4 guys) to be a 2D side-scroller akin to something like Strider, but takes full advantage of both screens, such as having enemies on platforms only on the top screen or projectiles that span both screens, as well as large scale boss fights similar to the Contra 4 bosses.  The best part is that it actually looks like it could be a lot of fun to play:

Instead of just being another game derived from the GoW series' style of combat mixed with mild puzzles and platforming this version of Thor looks to be an actually unique and pretty rad experience.  At least that's what I hope since this is potentially the first DS game I'll buy since Picross 3D. 

Edit: Then again, it might get just as repetitive.  One can only hope, I suppose.
    Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Kjellm87

Ohh, it does look kinda sweet.
    I'm fan of WayForward games.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael

The graphics are really nice. I wonder how it plays.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.