Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jun 08, 2009

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 is the latest edition of the perennial golf series, brought to you by EA Sports and EA Tiburon. The Wii version can be played with the Motion Plus adapter, while the 360 and PS3 versions utilize analog sticks for club control.

PS3/360 players - love your golf? You will get the Wii version?

• 55 results
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool
    NA Motion Plus Bundle Front
    NA Motion Plus Bundle Front
    If you are a Tiger Woods Golf game fan, then am I correct in assuming that 360 and PS3 owners will get the Wii version as it is 'the' definitive version of the game?  Clearly you wouldn't settle for 2nd best on the other consoles?

The same would apply to Virtua Tennis as now the Motion + puts the Wii on a level above its competitors.  After PES was better for the Wii before the motion +, then surely the Wii is the destination for sport games.  Any disagreements on that?

For the record, I don't care about sport games, but I am curious as to why anyone would not have a Wii for sport games now.
    Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Drebin_893

You've become a ridiculous fanboy recently. And yes I will get it on my PS3 and my Wii.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By oldschool
    @Drebin_893 said:
    " You've become a ridiculous fanboy recently. And yes I will get it on my PS3 and my Wii. "
    Big words.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By iamjohn

What is the point of this thread aside from being a Nintendo circle-jerk?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By oldschool
    @iAmJohn said:
    " What is the point of this thread aside from being a Nintendo circle-jerk? "
    Easy.  It is a simple question.  People bag on about the Wii having poor versions of multi-platform games and using that as a position from which to criticise the Wii.  Now that the Wii clearly is better for these sport games, which are very popular, then that simple question is, why wouldn't you get the Wii version.  If you don't like the question, I could care less.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

You know the argument will always be the same oldschool. You see good in the Wii? You're a fanboy, no matter how valid your point. And everyone's argument will remain the same. I want grafix and buttons, I don't wanna flail around like a retard  bla bla bla blah, puke. Fun stuff.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iamjohn
    @oldschool said:
    Easy.  It is a simple question.  People bag on about the Wii having poor versions of multi-platform games and using that as a position from which to criticise the Wii.  Now that the Wii clearly is better for these sport games, which are very popular, then that simple question is, why wouldn't you get the Wii version.  If you don't like the question, I could care less. "
    For one, it's couldn't care less.

For two, I think you're being incredibly disingenuous in saying "IT WAS JUST A QUESTION!"  There's nothing about the OP that is in any way creating a discussion or doing anything but trolling.  If you were asking something like "do you think that with Motion+ the Wii could become the lead sku for all new sports games?" that would be one thing.  But you're not.  The thread is clearly meant to eke a reaction out of PS360 fans by saying "surely because these games are better on Wii, and because the last Pro Evo was better on Wii, then the Wii is becoming the place to play sports games!!" when you fully admit to not knowing anything about sports games.  That's not constructive.  It's making a misinformed blanket statement with the intent of tweaking fans of other systems and it screams of ignorance and blind fanboyism.

And for the record, I know next to nothing about sports games that aren't The Bigs or the occasional Virtua Tennis, but my former roommate, who only plays NBA Live and occasionally Madden and Fifa, would most definitely disagree with you about the Wii becoming the "destination for sports games."

oldschool, I may disagree with you a bunch, but you're a smart guy.  You're capable of creating a thread that can spark a discussion.  Surely you can see that this thread is nothing more than flamebait city.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Scooper

I have been trying to persuade my mate to pick up the M+ and Tiger Woods 10 for the Wii he got as a birthday present but he's not having any of it. I think he plays Wii sports on it sometimes, though, which is better then nothing I guess.
    I might go and buy it next time I go round his place because I do want to try it out. It looked good in the Quicklook that Ryan and Jeff done.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Stang

I have a 360 and Wii, and I picked up the Wii version. Add MC+ to the mix, I see no reason to play it on the 360. Sure, it looks a hell of a lot prettier on the 360, but it is far more enjoyable on the Wii.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By VWGTI

I honestly think that the M+ novelty will wear off quickly. No matter how good a Wii game uses motion controls, at the end of the day I'm more comfortable with a regular controller in my hand.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Milkman

Just because you made this thread, I'm going to buy the 360 version.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Stang
    @VWGTI said:
    " I honestly think that the M+ novelty will wear off quickly. No matter how good a Wii game uses motion controls, at the end of the day I'm more comfortable with a regular controller in my hand. "
    While I agree, I think sports titles are more enjoyable if you are able to emulate the experience, granted the controls are not too complex.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Ineedaname
    @iAmJohn said:
    " @oldschool said:
    Easy.  It is a simple question.  People bag on about the Wii having poor versions of multi-platform games and using that as a position from which to criticise the Wii.  Now that the Wii clearly is better for these sport games, which are very popular, then that simple question is, why wouldn't you get the Wii version.  If you don't like the question, I could care less. "
    For one, it's couldn't care less.

For two, I think you're being incredibly disingenuous in saying "IT WAS JUST A QUESTION!"  There's nothing about the OP that is in any way creating a discussion or doing anything but trolling.  If you were asking something like "do you think that with Motion+ the Wii could become the lead sku for all new sports games?" that would be one thing.  But you're not.  The thread is clearly meant to eke a reaction out of PS360 fans by saying "surely because these games are better on Wii, and because the last Pro Evo was better on Wii, then the Wii is becoming the place to play sports games!!" when you fully admit to not knowing anything about sports games.  That's not constructive.  It's making a misinformed blanket statement with the intent of tweaking fans of other systems and it screams of ignorance and blind fanboyism.

And for the record, I know next to nothing about sports games that aren't The Bigs or the occasional Virtua Tennis, but my former roommate, who only plays NBA Live and occasionally Madden and Fifa, would most definitely disagree with you about the Wii becoming the "destination for sports games."

oldschool, I may disagree with you a bunch, but you're a smart guy.  You're capable of creating a thread that can spark a discussion.  Surely you can see that this thread is nothing more than flamebait city.
    "
    This guy speaks the truth.
    You've said before Oldschool you only have 14 games on the 360, so I'll take a punt and say you probably haven't played many of the games other than the Wii ones.

Or is this the part where you say "actually..." and come up with some crazy story.

@Milkman: That comment was also worthy of a reply!
    Genius.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Al3xand3r
    @Ineedaname said:
    "You've said before Oldschool you only have 14 games on the 360, so I'll take a punt and say you probably haven't played many of the games other than the Wii ones.

Or is this the part where you say "actually..." and come up with some crazy story."
    Because every Wii hater around here owns tons and tons of Wii games compared to their main platform eh? Please... Not to mention his experience has little to do with his points here, as he says he's personally not that into sports titles. You're just taking it there yourself.
    CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By CoolDrMoney

I totally don't want to buy the Wii version now

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ineedaname
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    "You've said before Oldschool you only have 14 games on the 360, so I'll take a punt and say you probably haven't played many of the games other than the Wii ones.

Or is this the part where you say "actually..." and come up with some crazy story."
    Because every Wii hater around here owns tons and tons of Wii games compared to their main platform eh? Please... "
    He said himself he owns only 14 games, I remember reading the comment.
    And the comment was directed at the fact he was saying it was the main platform for sports games, it seems illogical he can make that comment if he's not actually compared the games, it had nothing to do with how many games he does or doesn't own, just in relation to the ones in question.
    Should have guessed you'd have jumped in this thread eventually...

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Al3xand3r

And I don't see how you respond to what I said. Ok, I believe you, he said that. And? My point still stands. You have no argument other than snide remarks, as is usual for haters. He made clear where he's coming from, and how it's not personal experience he's speaking of since he doesn't even like sports games, but you decided to take it there anyway. No personal experience, no sale, eh? That means most people who bash the Wii around here have no arguments, but you never jump on those, you only do that when someone says something positive about it. Funny, how that goes, huh? What, will you jump on me when I praise the PS360 for something because I don't own one of those personally? Somehow, I doubt that. As for jumping in this thread, um, I replied before you did. Not that I should ask you prior to doing that. Is that how you feel? So sorry.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By iamjohn
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " Not to mention his experience has little to do with his points here, as he says he's personally not that into sports titles. You're just taking it there yourself. "
    What are you talking about?  He's saying with some authority that Wii is becoming the destination for sports games despite the fact that he doesn't play sports games.  His knowledge and experience with the genre would have
    everything to do with his argument in Sanity Land.
    KingOfIceland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KingOfIceland

oldschool= typical Xbot/PSfag in a system wars thread. Congrats, bro.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By Out_On_Bail

I own all three consoles, and I'll agree with oldschool.  I intend on getting the game on the Wii.  It just looks more fun.  Am I a fanboy too?

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ineedaname
    @iAmJohn said:
    " @Al3xand3r said:
    " Not to mention his experience has little to do with his points here, as he says he's personally not that into sports titles. You're just taking it there yourself. "
    What are you talking about?  He's saying with some authority that Wii is becoming the destination for sports games despite the fact that he doesn't play sports games.  His knowledge and experience with the genre would have
    everything to do with his argument in Sanity Land. "
    Once again this guy comes out with the logic.

And I don't Wii bash, if I don't like a game or the look I'll say I don't go around saying this and that, I may have made a slightly naive comment somewhere sure, doesn't mean I actively do it, as stated, my comment had nothing to do with any one elses experience or game collection, but only the subject of this topic, I don't jump on anyone or anything like that, if someone likes a game, like it, but when they say "For the record, I don't care about sport games, but I am curious as to why anyone would not have a Wii for sport games now."
    I feel that they don't really have a say on the topic if they have no interest and no grounds to compare.

And as for the "you posted here first comment"
    I put something else there but edited it out.
    VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By VWGTI
    @Stang:

Yea, I can totally understand that and I'm probably in the minority. I'd bet money on Tiger Woods Wii selling bananas. Just for me personally I'd rather not emulate the sport...for whatever reason. I don't hate it, I just don't prefer it.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Al3xand3r
    @Out_On_Bail said:
    " I own all three consoles, and I'll agree with oldschool.  I intend on getting the game on the Wii.  It just looks more fun.  Am I a fanboy too? "
    Duh, of course you are, otherwise you have to first buy all three versions then dump the two you don't like. If you don't do that, then you can't speak from experience and your point is void!!1 Just as oldschool can't call the Wii PES the best despite the better average reviews and general consensus, and he certainly can't do the same for Tiger Woods 10 despite a similar situation. Simple, no? Get to it, go go go!
    hinderk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By hinderk
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " @Out_On_Bail said:
    " I own all three consoles, and I'll agree with oldschool.  I intend on getting the game on the Wii.  It just looks more fun.  Am I a fanboy too? "
    Duh, of course you are, otherwise you have to first buy all three versions then dump the two you don't like. If you don't do that, then you can't speak from experience and your point is void!!1 Just as oldschool can't call the Wii PES the best despite the better average reviews and general consensus, and he certainly can't do the same for Tiger Woods 10 despite a similar situation. Simple, no? Get to it, go go go! "
    Your point is void if you haven't played the other two. How can you possibly say that the wii version is the definitive version without playing the other two? You can enjoy a game without playing the other two but you can't claim it is the best without playing them.
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Baillie

PES is not better on the wii, that's just stupid. I don't understand why I would prefer swinging my remote to play golf when I could easily go play golf with a club.

No thanks wii.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Al3xand3r

Because, there's no swinging, only pointing, allowing you to plan routes and control players that aren't directly controlled with the analogue stick, without actually losing that level of control either. Maybe if you actually at least tried to read about things before jumping on them, you'd know.

@hinderk said:

" Your point is void if you haven't played the other two. How can you possibly say that the wii version is the definitive version without playing the other two? You can enjoy a game without playing the other two but you can't claim it is the best without playing them. "

Huh? Why quote me? OF COURSE DOOD, that's exactly what I told him too! How dare he read about the games and decide to buy the Wii version over the PS360 versions, without playing ALL OF THEM? HOW NOW BROWN COW? HOW NOW?!
    hinderk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By hinderk
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " Because, there's no swinging, only pointing, allowing you to plan routes and control players that aren't directly controlled with the analogue stick, without actually losing that level of control either. Maybe if you actually at least tried to read about things before jumping on them, you'd know.

@hinderk said:
    " Your point is void if you haven't played the other two. How can you possibly say that the wii version is the definitive version without playing the other two? You can enjoy a game without playing the other two but you can't claim it is the best without playing them. "
    Huh? OF COURSE DOOD, that's exactly what I told him too! How dare he read about the games and decide to buy the Wii version over the PS360 versions, without playing ALL OF THEM? HOW NOW BROWN COW? HOW NOW?! "
    You can buy whichever version you think you will like the best and not look like a fanboy but when you say that it is a fact that one version is better without even playing the other versions you just seem like a huge fanboy.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Al3xand3r

OF COURSE!

...Then again the people fiercly claiming it's false haven't played all versions either.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By Out_On_Bail

lol my fanboyism is bleeding.  Wii 4 life!  Soon as I'm dusting it off I'm going to get this game.

hinderk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By hinderk
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " OF COURSE!...Then again the people fiercly claiming it's false haven't played all versions either. "
    And those that say the wii version isn't good also shouldn't have said that without playing it. My point is just that oldschool shouldn't have said that the wii version is the the best out of the three without playing the other two. He can buy the wii version because the thinks it's the best but he shouldn't state that it is the best without any knowlege on the other version.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Al3xand3r

Or it is, until the opposite is proven. All opinions coming from people who HAVE played all so far, point to that. So, most of those so far are reviewers. But they've not exactly been kind to the Wii so far so rating these games better on the platform sure as hell means something.

I don't have to play Half-Life on the PlayStation 2 to know the PC version is better, just by reading factual information and even ignoring ratings.

kingsfan2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kingsfan2099

Out on Bail at least you said it looks more fun and thats why you're going to get that version. Don't we play games to have fun? I am a bit confused though as to why the Wii version is being touted as the definitive version by oldschool? What exactly backs this up? I own all 3 systems and while I was playing my 360 alot at first I have migrated over to the ps3 for most of my non exclusive platforms while my Wii is basically only used for 1st party games and while intrigued by motion+ tiger woods I would definately rent it before buying it as i'm sure the motion controls would get old though.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#33  Edited By Claude

I love sports games. I bought Tiger Woods for the Wii, but for something like basketball, I'm heading straight to my 360. I like playing baseball games, but the best one is on the PS3 and if I had one, I would play it on that.

It's all about what you like and are comfortable with. I like choices and we have many with this generation of consoles.

To say Tiger Woods is better period on the Wii is wrong, the analog cousins have much depth and playability to them. Not to mention they still do some things better, chat, better online features, and game patches not available on the Wii.

hinderk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By hinderk
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " Or it is, until the opposite is proven. All opinions coming from people who HAVE played all so far, point to that. So, most of those so far are reviewers. But they've not exactly been kind to the Wii so far so rating these games better on the platform sure as hell means something.I don't have to play Half-Life on the PlayStation 2 to know the PC version is better, just by reading factual information and even ignoring ratings. "

But even then both versions are different enough that it just comes down to opinion.Some people are going to love that in the wii version you can actually swing a club and others are going to hate that because they'd rather just sit on their couch and play.

Also the ps3/360 version has a 83 on metacritic and the wii version has a 88. A five point difference isn't enough to convince me that the wii version is the definitive version of the game without at least trying the other one.
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35  Edited By Black_Rose
    @hinderk said:
    As someone who played The Wii, DS, 360 and PS2 versions of PES I have to agree that the Wii version is by far the best.

As for the question. I couldn't care less about Tiger Woods.
    hinderk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By hinderk
    @Black_Rose said:
    " @hinderk said:
    As someone who played The Wii, DS, 360 and PS2 versions of PES I have to agree that the Wii version is by far the best.As for the question. I couldn't care less about Tiger Woods. "
    And you can have that opinion because you have at least given the other version a shot. It just annoys me when someone says one version is the best without even trying the other one.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Diamond

I don't care for the Tiger Woods series, I bought one of the older years entries a few years back on Xbox 1 or something, and I bought one of the PC years and neither 'did it' for me.

Personally I'm all about the Hot Shots Golf / Minna no Golf style of game.  Much better overall gameplay, and frankly more realistic (which is crazy to say because MNG has all sorts of crazy moves and wacky courses, but it's still true).  Tiger Woods has too much golf ball / hole magnetism.

I've played Wii Sports Golf, there's no way anyone but a pro golfer would be able to play motion controls golf if it was realistic, but obviously this isn't going for that.  I don't like how that sort of golf feels.  Hell, I don't like the new control style in HSG (the game gives you 2 options).

So personally I'd buy a new HSG with the old timing based controls on PS3 over any sort of motion control golf game on Wii or any other platform.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By iamjohn
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " OF COURSE!...Then again the people fiercly claiming it's false haven't played all versions either. "
    Maybe I'm blind, but I've yet to see someone post anything in this thread where they questioned whether or not Tiger on Wii is the definitive version.  The only post I've seen that comes anywhere close to that is Baillie's nonsense post about PES.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By oldschool
    @iAmJohn said:
    " @Al3xand3r said:
    Maybe I'm blind, but I've yet to see someone post anything in this thread where they questioned whether or not Tiger on Wii is the definitive version.  The only post I've seen that comes anywhere close to that is Baillie's nonsense post about PES.
    "
    GameSpy
    Tiger Woods 10 on the Wii is the definitive golf game. Beyond the high level of immersion from the Motion Plus controls, and the many months worth of entertaining game modes, this version welcomes the widest ever audience to a "sim" sports game. EA is leveraging the Wii perfectly. 

GamingXP
    With 27 courses, an entire army of game modes, create a player, PGA Tour Season, online head to head play, online tournaments, Play the Pros, frisbee golf, party modes, improved graphics, and the icing on the cake, Wii Motion Plus controls, there is no doubt that Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 is the best version of the game available on any console. 

1UP
    With the addition of MotionPlus, Woods 10 on the Wii is a fantastic golfing videogame, besting its console counterparts because of its control options, extra courses, party game modes, and Frolf. Not to mention, it's casual friendly for anyone to play, but with enough difficulty options for the hardcore to stay interested. It's almost hard to imagine it getting better than this for the foreseeable future. 

IGN
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 for Wii is the definitive golf game. It's filled to the top with content, sports spectacular controls enhanced by MotionPlus, and includes great Disc Golf and online modes. Seriously, this is an amazing package made all the better by the peripheral pack- in. 
    Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Drebin_893

Yeeaah... You dredged up an old flamebait topic and didn't answer the question @iAmohn made.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41  Edited By Willy105

I don't see any fanboyism in the opening post. I do see it in the second one, though.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By oldschool
    @Drebin_893 said:
    " Yeeaah... You dredged up an old flamebait topic and didn't answer the question @iAmohn made. "
    Actually, I have been AWOl for a few days after I posted it.  It was a serious topic and the fact that you don't see it that way matters so very little to me.  As for replying to everything your friend says - no thanks.  My experience has been that he is a waste of my time  :-)
    Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Drebin_893

Then you shouldn't have quoted him. You also shouldn't be patronising, especially when you're wrong. Which is wierd because I've always liked you and think you're a really intelligent guy.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By oldschool
    @Drebin_893 said:
    " Then you shouldn't have quoted him. You also shouldn't be patronising, especially when you're wrong. Which is wierd because I've always liked you and think you're a really intelligent guy. "
    I quoted him because he referenced the 'definitive' word.  I then posted the reviews as 2 of them used that term.  If I am wrong, then so are they.  I am not wrong and I do apologise if I appear patronising - words always have difficulty conveying intent.  John has a history of flaming me and I have no intention of getting dragged down by him.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Ineedaname

The controversy wasn't in claiming it about Tiger Woods, I'm pretty sure it came from you saying the Wii was the definitive console for all sports games, also from the part where you say you don't have an interest and you make the claim.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By oldschool
    @Ineedaname said:
    " The controversy wasn't in claiming it about Tiger Woods, I'm pretty sure it came from you saying the Wii was the definitive console for all sports games, also from the part where you say you don't have an interest and you make the claim. "

For the record, my words:
    The same would apply to Virtua Tennis as now the Motion + puts the Wii on a level above its competitors.  After PES was better for the Wii before the motion +, then surely the Wii is the destination for sport games.  Any disagreements on that?
    "surely the Wii is the destination for sports games?"

Not the same thing.  Also, I did ask for disagreements, so if you disagree, you are entitled to state it.  However, as usual it just degenerated into personal insults and ridiculous fanboy statements.

Further clarification, car racing is not sport so much and is clearly far better on the 360/PS3.  Basketball has yet to be made into a decent game on the Wii.  Ice Hockey hasn't really been done yet?  Cricket is still to come.  American Football has been done better on the Wii and likely get better still,  Football, Tennis and Golf is looking far better on the Wii.  My point is that any true sports fan would want a Wii and get the better version of any game that comes along.  Unless of course you are ridiculously biased or (fair enough) just can't do motion controls.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Ineedaname
    @oldschool said:
    For the record, I don't care about sport games, but I am curious as to why anyone would not have a Wii for sport games now.
    These were your words aswell, and it's personal preference surely, I have pro on Wii and don't play it much, but I did have it on PS3 which I played alot more.
    I've not played tiger woods so can't comment. But did the tennis games turn out any good?
    Other than that 2 games hardly makes it the definitive console.
    And so you know my comments weren't calling you a fanboy or anything like that I was merely commenting towards the statement.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By oldschool
    @Ineedaname said:
    " @oldschool said:
    These were your words aswell, and it's personal preference surely, I have pro on Wii and don't play it much, but I did have it on PS3 which I played a lot more.                                                                                                                          I've not played tiger woods so can't comment. But did the tennis games turn out any good?Other than that 2 games hardly makes it the definitive console.And so you know my comments weren't calling you a fanboy or anything like that I was merely commenting towards the statement. "
    That first sentence is 100% correct and I would even attempt to argue against it.

There is nothing wrong with my sentence you quoted as well.  It merely poses a question to which only an individual can answer - for themselves.  As for the definitive console, that is about sport games now and into the forseeable future.  Call it predictive in nature.  It is also about the fact that if you love sport games, then why would you not have a console that does certain sports better and more fun than the others?  

I still believe that a real gamer has as many consoles as their wallet can afford.  You buy the games that you enjoy and denying the greatness of all the consoles is taking some irrational dislike to stupid levels.  I have a 360 for the games the Wii cannot deliver.  I have a Wii for the games the 360 cannot deliver.  I will have a PS3 when the price is better, for the exclusives that no-one else can deliver.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By get2sammyb

I'm not a big golf fan at all but I do think the Wii version looks brilliant. Almost tempting me to buy it but alas... I'll probably pass.

I disagree with the Virtua Tennis comments however.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By oldschool
    @get2sammyb said:
    " I'm not a big golf fan at all but I do think the Wii version looks brilliant. Almost tempting me to buy it but alas... I'll probably pass.I disagree with the Virtua Tennis comments however. "
    The Wii version got the highest average score, but the truth is, none of them got great scores, just levels of average.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.