Should I get it? (Steam Sale)

#1 Posted by triple07 (1262 posts) -

So here's the thing, I love Diablo style games and this seems really interesting and the Steam sale is really tempting but I'm not sure if my computer will run it well. I should say that I don't really play PC games much anymore so my PC is about 4 years old and was a decent computer at the time but nothing amazing with upgraded RAM and a 32 GHz processor but I have no idea what the video card is. I don't have access to it either so I can't check for a couple of weeks (right now I'm on my MacBook). So I was wondering what do you guys think? Is this a game that was made to play on most systems or is it more technically demanding? I don't want to let such a good deal go by ($5) but I also don't want to get a game I can't play. I guess I should probably ask if the game is worth it too but from what I can tell it looks like its worth $5 at least. Can anyone offer me any help?

#2 Posted by MattyFTM (14805 posts) -

To check if you can run it, use the system requirements lab. Just select Titan Quest from the dropdown list and it'll tell you if your computer can run it.

And if you can run it, I would totally recommend it. Anyone who's a fan of Diablo style games will love Titan Quest.

#3 Posted by klandathu (62 posts) -

I picked it up on the steam sale and have been enjoying. Its not to diifcult but its a good time, specially if you like diablo
#4 Posted by Ryax (4580 posts) -
@klandathu said:
" I picked it up on the steam sale and have been enjoying. Its not to diifcult but its a good time, specially if you like diablo "
wow this really isnt a relevant thread any more. good revival bro
#5 Posted by EpicSteve (6908 posts) -

DeathSpank.

#6 Edited by ryanwho (12011 posts) -

If something is 5 dollars I don't even know how you give it a second thought.  Of course get it. You can handle the min specs. Start there then see how much you can add before the game starts chugging.

#7 Posted by agentboolen (1989 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" To check if you can run it, use the system requirements lab. Just select Titan Quest from the dropdown list and it'll tell you if your computer can run it.  And if you can run it, I would totally recommend it. Anyone who's a fan of Diablo style games will love Titan Quest. "
Wow I never heard of that site, Nice find!  I just tried it out and it seems to work like a charm.  It'll come in handy for me when Steam gives a really good sale on a game that i probably won't be able to run.
#8 Posted by klandathu (62 posts) -
#9 Posted by Binman88 (3699 posts) -
@EpicSteve said:
" DeathSpank. "
From what I've seen of DeathSpank, Titan Quest is the far superior game in terms of scope, customization and loot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.