Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

The sixth installment of the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series and follows the events after Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Best Console Version?

derry2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I tried finding out which was the best console version, but, couldn't really find anything. I know it's 2 discs on the 360 and there is a HD install. It's 1 disc on ps3 but I heard there is a 12Gb install.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Nilazz

The Wii U version of course!

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The game just came out today. If the reviews haven't dropped yet just give it some time.

salarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By salarn

They are all pretty close, but I'd say the 360 one has the slightest of edge.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Sackmanjones

Pc if you can. If not then I would have to guess that the other versions are nearly identical. 12gb is a lot of install space but it's probably the same if you installed both Xbox discs.

derry2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nilazz said:

Haha, I see what you did there!

I was leaning towards the 360, I think with everything installed it would still be less than 12gb. It all being on one disc would be nice though.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Slaegar

@nilazz said:

That's probably the right answer. I'd imagine it looks a bit nicer and may play better. I know people are used to there only being a 360/PS3, but for a handful of games the Wii U should be considered in the running.

edit: Nope. Turns out the Wii U version doesn't look so good and has terrible load times.

The 360 version seems like the one to get because the PS3 version can't even manage a close-to HD resolution. The 360 version has really bad screen tearing, but at least the load times aren't bananas.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@slaegar said:

@nilazz said:

That's probably the right answer. I'd imagine it looks a bit nicer and may play better. I know people are used to there only being a 360/PS3, but for a handful of games the Wii U should be considered in the running.

edit: Nope. Turns out the Wii U version doesn't look so good and has terrible load times.

Digital Foundry basically confirmed the Wii U version has a higher resolution and looks better in spots, but, yes, has atrocious load-times. I'm not sure why you think it doesn't look as good.

Not exactly a stunning victory for the Wii U, or anything, but hey. A tiny bit better in the looks department is still at least better.

mbkgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nilazz said:

LOL. You are kidding right ?. And i think xbox360 version, save for the graphics the gameplay is far better on x360

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marokai said:

@slaegar said:

@nilazz said:

Digital Foundry basically confirmed the Wii U version has a higher resolution and looks better in spots, but, yes, has atrocious load-times. I'm not sure why you think it doesn't look as good.

Not exactly a stunning victory for the Wii U, or anything, but hey. A tiny bit better in the looks department is still at least better.

They also pointed out that the Wii U version doesn't come with any option for high-res textures. AFAICT that's mainly lazy on the part of devs, since as long as you're not filling memory it wouldn't even be a performance hit. It would affect load times though; again a poor choice by the devs since they could have offered an install option for those with external HD's, which should help (I don't have any real data for that point though).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.