Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

The sixth installment of the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series and follows the events after Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Got an advanced copy, this game is pretty great!

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
    holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By holycrapitsadam

Just wanted to give a heads up to anybody thats on the fence about this game. I am really enjoying it so far. It reminds me a lot of Chaos Theory which was the last Splinter Cell game that I really enjoyed. The single player is fun but the story so far has not hooked me in much yet, the coop missions have all been following the same formula of there are 3 laptops or files that you need to hack or scan and there are enemies in your way that you must deal with without being spotted, but they are fun to experiment with different ways of completing the objectives. The Spy's vs Merc's mode is interesting and I could see the appeal for some people but the controls for the Merc's are pretty terrible and I just didn't find myself having that much fun. I definitely think this game is worth picking up if you want a good stealth/coop game but if you are looking for competitive multiplayer, I would look elsewhere.

If you have any questions, ask away and I will answer to the best of my ability. I will try to avoid spoilers where possible.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only reason I would buy this game is LAN co-op with my roommate. How many co-op missions does it have and how many players does that co-op support? Are the missions long enough/maps big enough?

Please tell me it's more than or at least as many as Conviction's four multi-parted missions.

holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By holycrapitsadam

@JouselDelka: There are 3 different people that give you different coop missions from your main hub area. I have done 3 missions given to me by the same person and am not finished with her missions then I have 2 other people to take missions from so there are definitely more than 4. So far though, they are not varied much at all apart from the environment. The objectives have been the same. As for the length of the missions, you can probably speed run one in like 5-10 minutes if you were really good but I have easily spent at least an hour on each one due to mission failures from being spotted and my own personal hinderances of needing to do 100% non-lethal runs which is possible but a lot harder than going guns blazing. The environments aren't HUGE, but they are big enough that you can experiment with different paths and whatnot. I don't know if it supports LAN or not as I have never tried but I don't know why it wouldn't I guess. It does support 2 player coop online or splitscreen. Hope that helps and makes sense haha

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holycrapitsadam: Yeah, more or less the answer I expected, thanks. I'll wait for some video reviews and Cooptimus.com articles on it, then i might fetch it.

Enjoy stealthing using guns and grenades! The new Splinter Cell way! haha.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This game was barely on my radar after Conviction, which I was not a fan of. Hearing this might be a modern take on Chaos Theory has me suddenly excited.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How long is it, if you're finished. If not how long is each level?

holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrhadouken: I'm not finished. I'm only like 4 story missions in with a couple coop missions done too. Each level is probably like 1 hour - 2 hours depending on how you approach each encounter (guns blazing or stealth). Judging by the achievements list there are about 10 levels

holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itwastuesday: I never played conviction and I don't remember much of double agent so I don't know if it is taking from those games at all but I am really enjoying what I've played so far which is good considering I was in the same boat as you and had no interest in this game from all the trailers and stuff. Didn't look stealthy enough to me but it totally can be if you want to play it that way

VirtuaCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VirtuaCat

Are you excited about Vegas, HolyCrapitsAdam?

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

Sam is like almost AARP-eligible right? How does he have the strength and agility to keep doing the missions he does?

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

He's the fourth clone in Les Enfants Terribles project ?

Yeah, it does require a suspension of disbelief. But, It was always easy for me with how Ironside and the story portrayed Sam.

Don't know how I'll feel about it in this one, but never had a problem with it before because I liked the grizzled veteran angle that comes with Sam.

salarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holycrapitsadam: @jouseldelka: Each set of side missions are very different in style: Hunter, Ghost, Deniable Ops and Extraction four maps each, the only set that is coop only is Deniable Ops the others can be played solo or coop. All of these missions are on unique maps.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@salarn said:

@holycrapitsadam: @jouseldelka: Each set of side missions are very different in style: Hunter, Ghost, Deniable Ops and Extraction four maps each, the only set that is coop only is Deniable Ops the others can be played solo or coop. All of these missions are on unique maps.

So everything you just listed can be played as co-op?

Sounds so delicious.

salarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jouseldelka: Correct, there are 4 maps per mode and 4 modes total making 12 unique maps that can be played coop and four more maps that can only be played with a partner online or split screen. (Note: One of the maps might have been a pre-order bonus depending on your region and sku)

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I have this downloaded on my pc. Really excited to play it when I get home from work. Wouldn't mind co oping with someone if they wanna add me on steam

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.