Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

The sixth installment of the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series and follows the events after Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Maybe I'm going soft but...this demo made me uncomfortable.

• 59 results
    MrSlapHappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#51  Edited By MrSlapHappy

Somebody on the bombcast mentioned this at one point, it might have been Ryan: Stealth sequences of games don't play well for live demos. Good stealth playthroughs of levels take hours and involve minutes of staying totally hidden watching one guy walk in a circle until you have memorized the timing; E3 demonstrations last minutes. I bet there is a stealthy way to get through those levels. It seems to mean that Splinter Cell is evolving the same way that Hitman is. In that, they are adding more and more stuff to make the game an action game if you want it to be, but its still a stealth game if you approach it like that.

I kind of understand where you are coming from with the whole "more Americans shooting foreigners" thing, but to be honest of the games to bring that up, Splinter Cell doesn't seem like the one we should be calling out. Medal of Honor Warfighter, Call of Duty(s), probably Spec Ops, Farcry, all those just feel like they can be held more accountable for that sort of behavior. I thought the demo was pretty cool, so I might well be biased. If thats the case, disregard my opinion and have a good day!

salarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By salarn

Sam Fisher is a character playable as "ghost", "panther', or "action" orientated or any combination of the three as the player desires.

justinnotjason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By justinnotjason

@koriar said:

@JustinNotJason said:

I honestly just want an Alpha Protocol type game that isn't Alpha Protocol. Anybody else understand what I mean?

I just want an Alpha Protocol type game that is Alpha Protocol 2.

IF they fix the gameplay and make it more exciting....then yes.

Orbitz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Orbitz89

@CaptainObvious said:

@JasonR86 said:

Pussy.

What the fuck?

So.. anyways, In response to the topic at hand. I can certainly understand where you're coming from OP, I'm not a middle easterner but i can totally understand the sense of uneasiness they might have at all this "AMERICA! FUCK YEAH! KILL ALL THE BROWN PEOPLE" shit going on in various forms of media entertainment.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By geirr

I didn't even notice the simulated violence so now I had to go back and watch the trailer again. Still don't see it. To me the violence in this game seems toned down compared to most shit out there. The only slightly noticeable thing to me is the end of the trailer where Sam lies about the angry guy with badly-modelled teeth shooting himself. But I don't know Sam so for all I know this is just status quo or stereotypical Superhero-having-a-bad-moment to make people buy game/comic.

So yes, you've gone soft which is weird since this crap is supposed to desensitize you. Maybe it's good that it doesn't?

Personally to me it's still just polygons with weird glitchy parts and emotionally flat faces that annihilate other polygons with flickering, pixellated shadows and horribly-rendered teeth.

Chroma_Auron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56  Edited By Chroma_Auron

I understand what you mean. I haven't thought about that until l now as when I saw the demo, the only thing going through my mind was how stupidly Hollywood-ish it was and how ruined Sam Fisher's character was. Thinking about what you have said, Sam fisher decides to break his cover to start shooting people and him acting like a violent psychopath towards his captives is now more disturbing. In a way, the attitude the game is projecting is that it's okay to kill or brutally harm people that are against you or are your enemies just like Conviction but now on a cultural scale. The original Sam Fisher would be shaking his head right now.

lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By lavaman77

@MiniPato said:

I OPEN MY HEART TO THE GIANT BOMB COMMUNITY AND YOU STOMP ON MY FEELINGS LIKE A WILTED FLOWER!

/wrists

Yep! i know that feel bro.

Anyway yeah I'm tired of painting ME's as the villians, it's time for variety.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Roger778

I thought the stage demo at E3 was awesome, and I'm really happy the guys at Ubi Soft brought back the knife from Chaos Theory.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By coakroach

Watching some freakishly skilled macho man murder people so brutally and efficiently made me feel uneasy too.

Also the enemies look like they're in some rag-tag militia, they're a few clothing options away from just being civilians.

I dont mind murder in games if it's over the top dumb fun, or if they make some effort to make the enemies genuinely intimidating, but this just grossed me out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.