Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 13, 2010

Splinter Cell: Conviction is the fifth installment in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell franchise. Sam Fisher breaks apart from the Third Echelon in order to find the people responsible for the death of his daughter, only to find that not everything is what it seems.

My PAL Xbox 360 plays NTSC[J] games?

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By droop

So I recently bought Splinter Cell: Conviction from an online store in Denmark that had it on sale. (I'm from Denmark FYI). 

Anyway, I  got the game and the case and disc says NTSC, but my PAL 360 can run it without any problems.. I have a Premium 360 20GB, bought about a year after it launched. I had it repaired and they replaced the motherboard and the DVD drive as far as I remember. 

So do you guys think this is just a misprinted case and DVD, or is my 360 magical? :o  

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Meowayne

Curiously enough, I have recently noticed the same.  I have a used copy of the Orange Box, have long since stopped playing it, but only recently noticed that it is a NTSC copy. 

Either that, or we both got copies with wrong disc covers. For whatever reason.

Edit: Apparently, the 360's region-lock is game-specific. Weird.

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By droop

I kinda want to play DP, so I was thinking of getting it and testing it out. Just a waste of money if I won't work :o

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By shirogane

Yeah, it's game specific on the 360, some games will work others won't. You need to check it out before buying the game. I think DP is region locked. Not 100% though.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By FirePrince

Yeah,I was shocked when I saw my friend playing a JAP version of Bayonetta on his PAL console.
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By shirogane

Just to add, playasia.com has compatibility for their games, so if you want to check, that's a good spot i guess. 
    According to their site DP is NTSC only.
    i_love_my_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By i_love_my_360

this same thing happened to me, i got a Assassins Creed 2 and it is a NTSC[J] and i played to on my PAL xbox, it works fine, then i bought NFS mostwanted which is also a NTSC[J] but it doesnt work, so just be warned that not all NTSC[J] games work on your pal xbox!

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Twiggy199

They're classed as Region Free games..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.