Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tomb Raider

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

A young and inexperienced Lara Croft is shipwrecked on a mysterious island in this reboot of the beloved action adventure franchise, which departs from the mood of prior games in the series.

Holy inhuman strength batman!

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For all the complaining about how the game didn't hold on to their desire to create a realistic experience I'm surprised this never came up. She has the strength of the Hulk. I can suspend my disbelief for the climbing and jumping stuff but as soon as you get the rope arrow you can pull down balconies and rip doors right off the frame?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

Can't you only pull doors off their frames once you get that secondary item?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't you only pull doors of their frames once you get that secondary item?

Correct.

For all the complaining about how the game didn't hold on to their desire to create a realistic experience I'm surprised this never came up. She has the strength of the Hulk. I can suspend my disbelief for the climbing and jumping stuff but as soon as you get the rope arrow you can pull down balconies and rip doors right off the frame?

You can only do hat once you get the required item.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_laughing_man: Yes but the required item is an arrow with a rope on it. I'm not a physicist but I'm pretty sure that's not going to give you the leverage to rip down balconies or destroy doors.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_laughing_man: Yes but the required item is an arrow with a rope on it. I'm not a physicist but I'm pretty sure that's not going to give you the leverage to rip down balconies or destroy doors.

She is able to tug down wooden stuff. Mostly decayed wooden items.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LiquidPrince

Uh... no. You can only pull off very specific things with the rope arrow. Heavier stuff requires a secondary item on top of the rope arrow which you get like three quarters of the way into the story.

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Poppduder

I find it harder to believe that the arrow stays stuck in the rope/door long enough for it to support human body weight.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidprince: 5 minutes after I got the rope arrow I was able to pull down a balcony full of dudes and then shot an arrow into a door and pulled it off the frame.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Decaying wood isn't as sturdy as you think. It would be especially easy to rip apart for someone who can rock climb with only a pickaxe.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidprince: 5 minutes after I got the rope arrow I was able to pull down a balcony full of dudes and then shot an arrow into a door and pulled it off the frame.

Decaying beams and a old door.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunkulese: You'll eventually get to things that are NOT decayed and require a secondary item to pull down.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it's like 500 year old wood.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about walking around and taking out hordes of baddies while sporting a bullet wound? I think focusing down on one thing is ridiculous since everything about Lara is superhuman.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's a videogame. If it was truly realistic you would die after a single bullet. Not really fun, or?

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nictel said:

It's a videogame. If it was truly realistic you would die after a single bullet. Not really fun, or?

Not entirely true. The human body can endure far more than a single bullet if it isn't to the brain area.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nictel said:

Not entirely true. The human body can endure far more than a single bullet if it isn't to the brain area.

Well fine, if she gets hit in the shoulder and it isn't through-and-through she has to remove the bullet in a QTE otherwise she only needs to bandage in a QTE. If she doesn't find anti-biotics in time she dies of infection.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Well if we go by that line of reasoning then I don't think a shotgun would work in exactly the way they use it for clearing out obstacles either. I also don't think just jamming an arrow in a wooden post would be enough to hold her weight, just like falling hundreds of feet only to jam your ice pick into a wall at the last moment would probably dislocate her shoulder every time, just like etc etc video games.

thetenthdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thetenthdoctor

SPOILERY POST (can't use spoiler tag on mobile)

The antagonists are ancient samurai warriors following a dead queen transferring her soul to living vessels- and you're bothered by the lack of realism in the rope arrows?

Why does the rope climbing work and bullets not kill her? Because video games, dude.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By psylah

Yeah, the wood barely stands up to strong winds, so Lara having a good tug on some soft wood will give the desired results.

Teclo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@psylah said:

Lara having a good tug on some soft wood will give the desired results.

No Caption Provided

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sinusoidal

How much wood could a Lara chuck if a Lara could chuck wood?

I find it hard to believe she manages to get an arrow stuck in wood so badly decayed she can easily pull it apart. In that state, the arrow would either just pass right through the wood like it wasn't there, or even if it initially stuck, when she pulled on it, the arrow would plain pop out long before the wood collapsed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.