Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Sep 04, 2020

The second high-definition remake of the first two games in the long-running Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series.

THPS3 DLC?

irishfriar212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Howdy gang,

I was listening to one of the podcasts (forget if it was Bombcast or Hot Spot) and Jeff had mentioned how this game seems relatively well set-up for additions of other Tony Hawk titles. Once he mentioned that I did notice how each game is essentially siloed off into its own entry in the game menus and therefore adding in THPS3 or other entries seems relatively easy. That being said, I would LOVE for THPS3 to be added into the game ($20 DLC maybe?).

Do you think they are just waiting to see how this first release of 1+2 goes before considering adding in other entries? Are there any other titles you guys would like to see added? THUG or American Wasteland?

Keep on bombin'!

- irishfriar212

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By hatking

I could see 3 being added, and it's my actual favorite of the series so I'd absolutely buy that. Unfortunately anything beyond that gets a lot more complicated to add because they abandon the traditional structure of 2 minute runs and set goals for almost micro open worlds. There's probably ways to shoehorn in those levels in some form, but I imagine they aren't looking to spend the rest of their careers remaking 20 year old games. And I certainly don't see Activision making the mistake of oversaturating the market with iterative Tony Hawk releases (especially fucking remakes) all over again. My best guess is we get 3 in some form, and then they move on to a new original pro skater. Riley Hawk Pro Skater? We'll see.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BrunoTheThird

I could see them releasing a new add-on for $20-25 every six months or something, sure. I suspect it's going to be 3 + 4 as one seperate release next year, though, then THUG 1 + 2 after that. Doubt they'll touch American Wasteland, Project 8 or Proving Ground but who knows.

Maybe there'll be lots of options: standalones, add-ons, but there's gotta be a disc version, surely, then an ultimate collection at some point.

I think all the games will sell very decently indeed. This one has cracked a million already I think, so I'm sure we'll see 3 through to THUG 2 released with this level of treatment.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see them adding 3 maybe, i can also see them doing a 3+4 game but it feels like people have more nostalgia for 3 than 4, i only say that because i don't know anyone who played 4, so if that's true DLC for 3 would make the most sense.
    Beyond that it gets a bit weird, THUG is phenominal and as my favourite in the series and one of my favourite games of all time, i of course think it should be remastered, but it's probably difficult to do that with all the voice acting, cutscenes, brand names on top of the music rights, it's a bit harder of a job, i would love it if they did.
    That's probably as far as it goes however, THUG2 is.... a product of its time, it's basically Jackass the video game, and while some people liked the gameplay even more than THUG1 it wasn't enough for me to get on board, and i don't think it would have the same appeal now. I loved Project 8 i think it was a really solid entry, but similar to THPS4 i don't think it has enough support, it also still looks great so would only need touching up.

stewart21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on the success of this remake, I could see them selling another full retail/digital package with 3+4 as a sort of sequel to this game. However, I think it's virtually a 0% chance that these full game remakes are simply added to 1+2 as DLC.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it could work to add them as DLC and as Jeff talked about, you'd want to be able to pull from all the releases in multiplayer.

But I wonder how they would handle hidden stat points for DLC since you can max your stats by the end of the current release. Because of that, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a THPS3+4 full release instead of dlc. Plus by naming the game THPS1+2, wouldn't it be weird to add in 3 in DLC?

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bigsocrates  Online

I doubt 3 will be added as DLC for several reasons.

1) People would want the soundtrack from 3 in the game. That kind of licensing takes time and is pretty expensive, and since DLC doesn't sell nearly as well as main games, it probably wouldn't be worth it.

2) Stuff with this level of graphical fidelity takes a lot of time to create. It would have to be underway already if it was going to come out in the next 6 months. But Activision didn't advertise it or try to sell a season pass or anything. When was the last time Activision made DLC without trying to sell some deluxe version of the game that included it?

3) We're about to enter a new generation. If the DLC did come out in a year...it would be for a game on an old system. Seems more likely they'd just want a new SKU by then.

I think it's more likely they do something to import the levels from 1+2 into the multiplayer for 3+4 than that they create DLC for the game that's already out.

elisdee1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishfriar212: I agree with you whole heartedly I was thinking the exact same thing

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

We'll never see THUG, but I'm very hopeful for 3. Honestly would prefer they just sell a 3+4 standalone next year and revamp some of the challenges/goals to make them less buried and obtuse given that they are the only thing to do in the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.