Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Total War: Rome II

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 03, 2013

The successor to the acclaimed Rome: Total War and the eighth main entry in the Total War series, Total War: Rome II returns the series to classical antiquity.

New Faction Revealed!

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MocBucket62

Today, The Creative Assembly has just announced their newest faction for Rome II and it is Macedon! Here's an image of what the Macedonian phalanxmen will look like in the game.

No Caption Provided
    From what I've read about Macedon, they are an army that is mostly comprised of strong infantry and cavalry units. They are also known for having a weak navy, but they are suppose to be strong against barbarians (who should be revealed sometime in the near future). Anyways this looks awesome and can't wait for this game to come out! You can read the wiki or watch the latest Rally Point to know more info!
    Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

I was personally most excited when they released the Rome faction.

Seriously though, I hope this is the TW game to hook me in. Still haven't quite "gotten" it yet.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By JZ

Euro trucker faction

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#4  Edited By galiant

These games are amazing, but I doubt I'd be more invested in any other setting than feudal Japan and they already did that amazingly well.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By BBAlpert

The real question is whether you can still send naked guys and flaming pigs into battle.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Arabes

@Galiant: I couldn't get into Shogun Total War but I've loved every other Total War game that's come out and still play Empire now. Does Shogun change as the campaign progresses - you know random events or specific changes like new factions appearing? I think the big problem that I had with it was the progression across the map was pretty linear as opposed to other total war games where you could go in a variety of directions and visit different parts of the world. I also loved things like the black death and Mongol Invasions in Medieval 2.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Subjugation

@SirOptimusPrime said:

I was personally most excited when they released the Rome faction.

Seriously though, I hope this is the TW game to hook me in. Still haven't quite "gotten" it yet.

This is purely anecdotal evidence, but it was the original Rome: Total War that hooked me and hooked me hard. I still have a deep reverence for that game. You haven't lived until you've marched columns of legionnaires in testudo formation, completely nullifying the typically devastating archers.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#8  Edited By galiant

@Arabes said:

@Galiant: I couldn't get into Shogun Total War but I've loved every other Total War game that's come out and still play Empire now. Does Shogun change as the campaign progresses - you know random events or specific changes like new factions appearing? I think the big problem that I had with it was the progression across the map was pretty linear as opposed to other total war games where you could go in a variety of directions and visit different parts of the world. I also loved things like the black death and Mongol Invasions in Medieval 2.

No, it was the battles that interested me. The campaign map I thought was tedious unfortunately =/

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By gaminghooligan

This game is the reason I got a new graphics card, can't wait.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Funkydupe

@gaminghooligan: I might have to buy a new card for this. /cry

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.