Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Trials Evolution

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 18, 2012

The follow up to the best-selling hit Trials HD, Trials Evolution takes motorcycle platforming to a whole new level of ridiculousness.

Trials Evolution: Funtime biking, or soul-sucking succubus?

dietomaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By dietomaha

I love this franchise. At least, I think I do. I eagerly anticipated Evolution, just like HD before it. But yet, by the end of each game, I am furious with it. I have never fully mastered a single damned one of these games. I can beat every track, but I can't beat every track well. It gets pretty sloppy near the end.

At first, I want to cuddle the game. Tell the game I will never leave it. Caress it. Gently run my fingers through the games' hair while I penetrate into its depths, with our gazes firmly intertwined in each other.

Then once I'm in (giggidy), I want to punch it. Throttle it. Curb stomp it. Call it names. Throw things at it. Choke it until it turns a puce shade of purple. It makes me want to use the word 'puce'.

But I still come back. No matter how many times the game hits and abuses me, I come crawling back. Sometimes it takes a few days to realize I need it, but it's all the same in the end.

I think I love it.

dietomaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By dietomaha

I love this franchise. At least, I think I do. I eagerly anticipated Evolution, just like HD before it. But yet, by the end of each game, I am furious with it. I have never fully mastered a single damned one of these games. I can beat every track, but I can't beat every track well. It gets pretty sloppy near the end.

At first, I want to cuddle the game. Tell the game I will never leave it. Caress it. Gently run my fingers through the games' hair while I penetrate into its depths, with our gazes firmly intertwined in each other.

Then once I'm in (giggidy), I want to punch it. Throttle it. Curb stomp it. Call it names. Throw things at it. Choke it until it turns a puce shade of purple. It makes me want to use the word 'puce'.

But I still come back. No matter how many times the game hits and abuses me, I come crawling back. Sometimes it takes a few days to realize I need it, but it's all the same in the end.

I think I love it.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By AndrewJD

Yup, one of those games you love to hate for sure.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By jozzy

This game makes it very clear to you that you are a lousy scrub, and that some of your friends are gods among men.

I get "lucky" once in a while, and by sheer persistance will be able to 0 fault most of the (non extreme) tracks, but I don't understand the mechanics enough and I don't have enough skill to consistently do well and improve on a track gradually.

And yes, I can't stop playing the game when I start, but I am not entirely sure if I am having fun.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#4  Edited By bobafettjm

Trials is one of those franchises that I both love and loathe at the same time. It joins the ranks of games like Super Meat Boy and N+.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't think I like this game very much. Just unlocked the last thing to unlock platinum medals so I have spent a fair amount of time with it. But ... man, nah not really.

And I love Super Meat Boy with a passion. I think it's about to perfect as a game can get.

The difference is consistency, I think. I find it very hard to remain consistent on Trials. With the analogue acceleration and angling, where one degree forward or back on landing or leaving a jump can change everything thereafter with a knock-on effect.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By BPRJCTX

That's love man.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By joshthebear
    @bobafettjm

Trials is one of those franchises that I both love and loathe at the same time. It joins the ranks of games like Super Meat Boy and N+.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. Trials, along wit N+ and SMB, are just fucking brutal. Yet at the same time you can't not play them to death.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.