Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tron: Evolution

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Dec 07, 2010

Disney released a new game to go along with the 2010 film release, Tron Legacy. This game is a prequel to the movie forming a bridge (but not a Jeff bridge) between the original and the 2010 film.

SUCH A DISSAPOINTMENT

razorback345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By razorback345

So annoyed at this game, I'm a big Tron fan and enjoyed the Tron legacy film. I was really looking foward to the Tron evolution game thinking this was it, this is going to be massive, a selection of Tron events to choose from such as disc battle, lightcyles, tanks, the ball game etc.  All with fantastic gameplay and graphics where you can compete in competions and appear in legue table and stuff. Well bought the game ....and what a bloody dissapointment, such a let down.  The graphics are awsome looking, but the gameplay is just CRAP!  The disc battles are just rubbish, you run amongst other bots or online players(and thats a small handful) who are randomly flinging their discs around, discs continuously bouncing off you, getting battlered hand to hand by people crowding you, and its just naff, not much fun.  The lightcylcles being the most iconic thing about the film is a real let down. Once again graphics looks amazing, and your character does that really cool thing of jumping and the cycle forming around him, but you can just explode because someone jumps out his bike when hes near you and decides to throw a disc at your bike, light cycles tactics ......gone. There is no sense of impact  either when you crash just a tame  PUFF  with no electrical derezzing sound....and worst of all the swooshing noise is just not there when doing 90 degree turns, NOTHING! Thats the most satisfying noise ever!  ..Play argamegtron with the movie add on pack..trust me.

ErrorOperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ErrorOperator

I agree Tron was a bit of a disappointment, you also need to learn how to use paragraphs.

razorback345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By razorback345
    Yep sorry got carried away, did you like the film?
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic

actually, for a video game based on a movie, its anything BUT a disappointment... i expected a piece of shit but Evolution is pretty polished and entertaining and visually stunning with tight controls, so allow me to disagree 

also, i saw the movie in 3D 2 days ago and it was fucking epic... a blockbuster that focused on less masses of people and explosions and more on a couple of characters, their relationship and how the whole Grid business wasted their years and gave them dark and grim regrets 

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By kingzetta

a video game based on a movie was bad? No really? really?

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By benpack

Sounds like your expectations were way to high going in.

razorback345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By razorback345

I thought the film was great...and the game is very polished looking, single player is fun, like a a cyber prince of persia really.  But I was hoping that the multiplayer was going to be much better, graphics great , just a huge lack of options for setting up games and its just...boring

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Brunchies

Just because its tron doesn't mean bad movie game syndrome can't happen.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

While Tron: Evolution looks better than most movie games it still was essentially a movie game. I don't think it was reasonable to expect too much from it.

CarpetRemnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By CarpetRemnant

This shows how important it is to manage your expectations :P 

It is like how when there was this that I was excited about the Watchmen film this one time.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#11  Edited By Brackynews

@Leakster: Having a Big Rigs profile avatar tells me you are someone who knows very well how to manage your expectations. :)

I tried to rent T:E a couple weeks ago but it wasn't even carried at my usual store. Gotta drive a little farther to find it, or maybe it'll be cheaper to buy then. So much glowy.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Dreamfall31

I just got it for $15 and it isn't the worst thing in the world. The checkpoints can be a bitch, and the combat is super easy if you use the right disc on the right enemy. The visuals are pretty great and the music adds to the atmoshpere. It isn't as good of a quality as I'd like a Tron game to be, but it's just a fun little average game in the Tron universe!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

You have to remember that Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay was a complete fluke.
    Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Dreamfall31

Just finished it and I could not wait for it to be over...the wall running/climbing got really frustrating towards the end and I could not stand it...fighting the final guards was beyond boring and took way too long. It was somewhat fun to play, but I just wish a better Tron game came out of this. Im sure it was like most movie games where they can't start developing until the movie starts filming as to get the look of it right. And they have to come out the same time as the movie so it ends up being a rushed crap job. I hope that there is another Tron game that a company can take their time with and make a more quality experience in the Tron world!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.