Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Twisted Metal

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Feb 14, 2012

The long-running tournament-based vehicular manslaughter simulator returns with this new entry, exclusive to the Playstation 3.

Jaffe asks Jeff about his thoughts on Twisted Metal.

Ramyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Ramyun

So if you haven't been looking at the FMV awesomeness that is Jeff's Vyou account, there is a question that Jaffe asks about how to make Twisted Metal a critical hit. Jeff brings up the point that being critically acclaimed and commercially acclaimed are two different things, but more interestingly the team-based nature of some multiplayer games and how right now fast paced individual focused multiplayer is what is popular now. What are your thoughts on this? You think that a team based multiplayer can't really stand out nowadays? What do you think the major shift in the multiplayer gameplay needs to be?

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Hamz

A link to where we can find the question and Jeff's response would be great. Not all of us have time to be professional stalkers! :P

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Fallen189

I think it wasn't Jaffe.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Brendan

Was it actually Jaffe?  Either way, he made a good point, and if I knew what the major shift should be I would probably not be sitting in front of my laptop right now at home. 
    vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By vager
    asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By asurastrike

I'm pretty sure it wasn't David Jaffe.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Binman88

That's an odd sort of question for any developer to ask. Especially odd to ask Jeff, a person who - to my knowledge - has never been involved in game development at any point in his life. Having said that, I guess that explains Jeff's answer - make a game that follows popular trends and Jeff will score your game well. 

Jaffe and his development team should be aiming to do their own thing, and make their game as awesome as it can be - settings new trends, not just following old ones.

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Lemoncookie01

According to Jeff's answer to my question,He's a 14 year old female that lives in cherry hill,new jersey.

Ramyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ramyun
    @Asurastrike said:

" I'm pretty sure it wasn't David Jaffe. "

Just to be extra stalkerish, I checked Jaffe's twitter account, lo and behold he did send a question to Jeff about it.....so yeah.

EDIT: Also I'm not that great at linkifying, so hopefully someone can do that for me, pretty please.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Diamond

I think Jaffe should spend less time trying to make a critical hit and more time trying to make me, as a single human being, happy.

gill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By TheHBK

Well he is right.  Twisted metal used to be awesome, the 2nd and black come to mind.  But what I remember is going through the story mode and all the crazy endings.  The game should keep the tone of 2, black is just too messed up to be popular.  It was violent but so was 2, it was just dark.  2 was violent but mad funny. 
    But to be popular today, it has be fast paced, faster than what we saw before.  The controls will be the sticking point.  Maybe have a hardcore mode where there is less life or more damage with weapons.  An elimination mode with more life on the car.  And all stages should have some kind of environment altering thing that can be triggered by a player, but has to be hard to get to. 
    Controls will be key because car combat is not the easiest thing to do since cars dont stop on a dime and turn as easy as people do but thats ok.  Just got to make sure its fun.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By asurastrike
    @Ramyun said:
    " @Asurastrike said:

" I'm pretty sure it wasn't David Jaffe. "

Just to be extra stalkerish, I checked Jaffe's twitter account, lo and behold he did send a question to Jeff about it.....so yeah.  EDIT: Also I'm not that great at linkifying, so hopefully someone can do that for me, pretty please. "
    I stand corrected.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By ajamafalous
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LiquidPrince

Multiplayer should focus on the individual in the sense that it should have that carrot on the stick progression. But you can't have multiplayer without other people...

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Red12b

You guys always startle me with the levels that you keep up to date with the goings on of the Giant bomb staff. 

sometimes it's good like this time but...sometimes...duuuuuude

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.