Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Unavowed

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 08, 2018

An urban fantasy adventure game from Wadjet Eye Games.

Out now, and brief early thoughts

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Those familiar with me know I'm a pretty big adventure game nerd and some of my favorites from the last decade have been Wadjet Eye's Blackwell series and Technobabylon. Their latest game, Unavowed, is out now and I've been playing through the first half hour or so. So far, it feels like a great cross between Blackwell and Gabriel Knight, and it looks straight-up great for its type of art style. I like the simple one-click interface, too - instead of clicking on things to look at them, you just roll the mouse over them and get a brief bit of text describing objects and people. The voice acting is still very much Wadjet, meaning it's earnest and a little hammy - okay, a lot hammy - but I really enjoy it. Looking forward to diving deeper into it, as I'm immediately liking it a lot more than Shardlight, which sometimes focused more on obtuse puzzles than the story. This feels more like the Blackwell series in that regard, and that's a very good thing.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If you're a fan of the old Hellblazer comics, you will love this game:

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, the way that game starts out with your character background is awesome. The best comparison is when Bioware was actually good.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thanks for the heads up, Sparky. Picked it up on GOG.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're a fan of the old Hellblazer comics, you will love this game:

Well, now you have my attention.

MagnetPhonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played it over a week or so, finishing about one mission a night. IMHO it's one of the best point and click adventures ever.

It also has at least one contender for 2018's Best Moment.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.