Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

beat uncharted 3 on very easy and really enjoyed it

nachokicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By nachokicks

i was having to many problems during combat so i turned down the difficulty, i thought i'd turn it back up after this instance were i was struggling but i just kept it at very easy through out the rest of the game. i enjoyed the very easy half a lot more than the normal. now im thinking of playing skyrim on easy due to the weak combat system

any one out there that enjoys playing games on easy? or any examples of games that are better played on easy?

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vitor

@nachokicks said:

i was having to many problems during combat so i turned down the difficulty, i thought i'd turn it back up after this instance were i was struggling but i just kept it at very easy through out the rest of the game. i enjoyed the very easy half a lot more than the normal. now im thinking of playing skyrim on easy due to the weak combat system

any one out there that enjoys playing games on easy? or any examples of games that are better played on easy?

While I'd agree with that approach for UC3 (and any of the Call of Duty games), I'd advise against it for Skyrim. Part of the fun comes from being forced to experiment with techniques. Creating traps/conjuring allies/changing between long ranged and short/magic and defence. I'd think it'd be even more monotonous if you could just beat everything with the same attack over and over.

nachokicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nachokicks

@nachokicks said:

While I'd agree with that approach for UC3 (and any of the Call of Duty games), I'd advise against it for Skyrim. Part of the fun comes from being forced to experiment with techniques. Creating traps/conjuring allies/changing between long ranged and short/magic and defence. I'd think it'd be even more monotonous if you could just beat everything with the same attack over and over.

true but i started playing with one handed and blocking, and as soon as i have to fight more than two enemies, any strategy i use becomes useless

Poppy_Persona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Poppy_Persona

I played uncharted 2 on very easy because i wasn't really used to the combat in the game. I decided to kick it up to normal with 3 but had to change it to very easy on some of the late game sections, i must admit though i usually will play a game on the easiest setting possible the first time around because i find hard settings with this kind of combat very frustrating.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By C0V3RT

Glad I'm not the only one who bumped down the difficulty to very easy. I played pre-patch and hit the wall where the combat felt like a chore that was preventing me from progressing the story. The scene inside the cruise ship thing that has the stage at the bottom... infuriating.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By BulletproofMonk

I beat Uncharted 3 on Crushing and it was some of the most fun I had with a game last year.

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By owack6

Ye crushing isn't as bad as some people say when u know the layout of the enemy's and strategies from previous playthroughs, after that its probably the shortest from start to finish.

And the combat is better since the aiming patch so you should bump it back up!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

I wish I had done the same for my first playthrough; playing through on hard mode with my stubbornness set to 11 completely soured my experience with Uncharted 3's single player. I actively hated it in fact. Any following playthroughs were much more fun, though certain sections like that sandstorm part were so fucking stupid no matter the difficulty setting - and trying to get through that part on Crushing was the absolute opposite of fun.

ftomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By ftomato

I play most games on the 2nd of 5 difficulty level or the 1st of 3, although I generally purchase games based on their setting and story more than gameplay. Most games I'm interested in being challenged at are platformers and puzzle games anyway, which almost never have difficulty settings.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I played it through on Hard and was near infuriated with certain parts. That definitely contributed to my less than stellar opinion of it, but I definitely think it's a step back from UC2 in general.

Bar certain set-pieces, of course.

...and I actually really liked the epilogue.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By X19
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Justin258

Haven't played 3, but I have played 2 and I must admit that I was strongly tempted to knock the difficulty back in some sections. Looking back, I might have enjoyed it more if I had, especially since I could just breeze through the mundane shooting sections and jump to the next set piece.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By benspyda

Just because the combat system in Skyrim is simplistic doesn't mean its hard. I find Skyrim way too easy most of the time. Power attack, Power attack, Power attack.

But yea there are plenty of games that I wish I played through on easy, like BF3 single player. GODDAMN BF3 CAMPAIGN.

wigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By wigg

I wish I'd done that. The combat in uncharted 3 on normal was a chore. Having to constantly hide in cover killed the fast, fun energy the games story and characters had. The shooting isn't fun enough in that game (and is worse than uncharted 2's) for me to really get into. The fun is in the movement. and doing over the top action-movie things. Not headshots.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By MikkaQ

If only I had done this, and had not insisted on finishing with normal difficulty, I would probably not hate this game as furiously as I do now. I mean I probably would have loved it. Sure loved everything that wasn't the combat.

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sfighter21

Yo, Crushing difficulty in U2 and U3 were not that bad compared to Drake's Fortune. That game on Crushing was BEAST (infuriating). Yeah, I never got that feeling in U2 and U3 on the Crushing setting...

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Skytylz

I found uncharted 2 and 3 were a lot more fun on very easy also. The shooting is not why I go to those games.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

I play all games on the easiest setting unless an achievement demands I do otherwise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.