Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

Probably my Game of the Year, but... (no spoilers)

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By RainVillain

ok, granted, I haven't played Skyrim yet, but I'm absolutely loving this game. More than Portal 2, LBP2 and L.A Noire, which were my front runners up until this came out.

Anyways, that said, I have a couple little nitpicky things that I was wondering if anyone else thought was significant, and whether they could patch some of this stuff in.

1. The game eschews the "in game cash/medals" system from the previous two games in the campaign. I loved how doing a bunch of little things rewarded you with cash for unlockables and Multiplayer upgrades. I'm okay with the lack of single player unlockables (ok, a little miffed...), but it would still be nice if playing well in the campaign gave you multiplayer perks, and vice versa. This added a lot of cohesion between single player and multiplayer in Among Thieves, in my opinion.

You could argue that this is remedied by the endless dolling out of medals in every multiplayer mode, but personally I miss getting those single player medals!

2. Is it me or is the dead zone on aiming a little big bigger than it was in Among Thieves? I didn't really notice until a certain point in the game where you have to snipe a bunch of dudes with RPGs way off in the distance.. I found the dead zone annoying and glaring at this one point. It's hard to say if the dead zone is actually worse, or that I never had to shoot someone so far off in the distance in Uncharted 1 or 2... but it made for a slightly trickier part than I was expecting, and now I can't help but notice it elsewhere in the game. The Killzone 2 community freaked out at the floaty controls in that game and those were patched... I'm hoping Drake's Deception also gets a little patching done on the aiming.

3. I thought the worst part of Uncharted 1 was the amount of bullets dudes took to fall, and that they remedied this in Among Thieves. While not as bad as U1, Deception's bad guys definitely soak up more bullets than UC2. This is kinda lame, but minor.

That's about it. Three minor points that I think make this game a (slightly!) inferior game to Uncharted 2. Absolutely love the game though.

TL;DR Think they might patch the dead zone on the aiming?

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RainVillain

That said, I'll take these three complaints over the last hour or so of Uncharted 2 ANY day. Hot damn if that final boss and the "blue guardians" don't blemish an otherwise amazing adventure game.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By nightriff

@RainVillain said:

That said, I'll take these three complaints over the last hour or so of Uncharted 2 ANY day. Hot damn if that final boss and the "blue guardians" don't blemish an otherwise amazing adventure game.

Almost broke the game for me, did NOT enjoy the last hour of 2 at all, so far, loving 3 but only 1/3 of the way through so it can change if fuckin blue dudes show up

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By mosdl

@RainVillain said:

The final boss was bad, but blue dudes were actually fine, much better than stupid zombies.

sainraja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By sainraja

You guys will love what they have done this time around. Trust me. =)

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By MEATBALL

No single-player unlockables this time around? That's a darn shame.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Cloudenvy

@sainraja said:

This dude is correct, what they did this time around was so much smarter.

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By sfighter21

@Cloudenvy said:

@sainraja said:

This dude is correct, what they did this time around was so much smarter.

Sweet. Look forward to it. Get my copy in approximately 3 weeks. Little less than that actually. Also, thanks for the "no spoilers" tag OP. Allows me to still be involved in some capacity, heh.

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RainVillain

So sounds like the dead zone is becoming a bit of a hot topic. Long thread on GAF and on the official ND forums. And then Naughty Dog went so far as to write a blog post explaining why the aiming feels different in Deception. And while their answer right now seems to be "it's by design", the acknowledgement that this is a worry of some members of the community reassures me. I hope they patch this up!

sainraja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By sainraja

Can someone explain to me what they mean by deadzone issues with the controls? I'm not seeing it or understanding it...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.