Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

This game is busted!

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Castiel

I don't have the most stable or reliable internet connection, but most of the time it does just fine. Yet U3 have almost always caused problems whenever I wanted to play online. The connection process you go through in U3 seems like a bit of a dice roll for me, I usually have to do it 2-3 times for it to work, but after that it's all good. That's usually what happens except for today.

When it gets to the "syncing level data" part of the connection process it stops and after a while the following message appears "failed to sync level data". Now I've searched the web and it's apparently not a rare problem with the game, in fact quite a few people seem to have encountered it. The most well-known solution is to change your DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 (primary) and 8.8.4.4 (secondary) yet that still doesn't work. I have tried to play this game a couple of times today and it's just not happening!

I can't believe that a AAA game like Uncharted 3 has this kind of problems.

Anyway I just wanted to blow off some steam and in case anybody else have experienced this problem and found a different solution than the one above, I would gladly appreciate your help. :)

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Hizang

That might just be your connection?

I haven't played it since around the time it came out, I don't recall any problems.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Castiel

@Hizang: Yeah maybe, but it's never been this bad before. My other games work just fine when playing online. I would say that U3 is one of the most unstable games I have played in that regard.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Hizang

@Castiel: I take it you haven't played Twisted Metal, now that games just straight up busted!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.