Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 19, 2007

Become Nathan Drake, a treasure hunter and descendant of famed explorer Sir Francis Drake as he searches for the lost treasure of El Dorado.

Uncharted Has Such An Under Rated Musical Score

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

Smacked in Uncharted today just to remind myself how good it is and the first thing that hit me was the music. I'd never forgotten the brilliant music (got totally excited when it was announced the same guy is doing Uncharted 2) but seeing as I have a new speaker set up the score hit me immediately.

They managed to nail the jungle feel, the epic cinematography and the general mood of the game.

I hope they don't drop this theme for Uncharted 2 and it becomes a staple for the series.

Mmmm. I'm really tempted to sample that beat.
    AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By AndrewGaspar

I totally agree. The music was great in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Also, I like the Remix. You can get the soundtrack on iTunes!

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By SpinCookie

Yeah I bought the soundtrack on iTunes and listen to it surprisingly often.  So good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
    deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Its great. But that video doesnt sound like the one i remember.

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By EvilDingo

I remembered something about Yathzee mentioned in his "review" of the game, that the score was composed by the same guy who did the score on the Firefly-series... 

Which I just got confirmed from imdb.com

So that's cool, I guess
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Red

Yeah man, I was humming along to it the whole game.

Soundtrack's on iTunes too, if you wanna check it out.
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By zitosilva

I think it's perfect for its purpose, of giving you that 'adventure' feeling. But I don't think I'd be able to listen to it away from the game.

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By SpinCookie

From my review of it after I beat it back in June:

"The music in Uncharted was also fantastic, some of the best I've heard in a game. The score was composed by Greg Edmonson, who also did the TV show Firefly. As soon as I first heard the opening theme I was blown away. It felt the same way as hearing the opening theme to Pirates of the Caribbean in the movie theater. They nailed the feel of the game and really set the tone with a perfect orchestral score. The music really pushed the adventure theme of the game and was a fantastic addition to the game play and story."

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By GunstarRed

I prefered the second bit of music after the main theme played out ,(even though thats just as good) the really sweeping bit of music that felt like it was ripped right out raiders of the lost ark. The score for that game is amazing, I really liked some of the more ambient stuff like around when your looking for elenas parachute.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By ZenaxPure

Never played Uncharted (though its one of the few PS3 exclusives I am looking forward to), that theme was really great sets the tone in my brain for what I think the game is like.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.