Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Underrail

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 18, 2015

Underrail is a 2D isometric indie action-RPG set underneath a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Underrail is out and if you love cRPG's and/or Fallout 1, you should get it.

totempolejones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By totempolejones

Underrail is out and if you love cRPG's and/or Fallout 1, you should get it.

It may not have the piles of money behind it, like Pillars Of Eternity or Divinity: Original Sin but what's under the hood is way more engaging than both of those.

I'd elaborate, but can't pull myself from playing it. Just wanted to post something because games page here is a graveyard.

PS. The screens on Underrail's GB wiki are really outdated, game looks different now. Especially the character models.

Anyway, check it out.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250520/

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I'll have to give it a look at some point when I've worked through my backlog some more. That said... this isn't the first time I've heard people claim something is the "true" successor to Fallout 1 and 2 (this year, even!) and I doubt it will be the last. It's like a weird holy grail that a certain segment of the CRPG audience is forever chasing.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'll check it out at some point; it looks interesting. Thanks for pointing it out.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#4 fisk0  Moderator

@arbitrarywater: There's a pretty good GOG review describing it as being a good update on the combat of the isometric Fallouts, but not having anywhere as good writing. You can't link directly to specific GOG reviews, but last I checked it was the second review from the top here: http://www.gog.com/game/underrail

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Like I wrote in the other thread: I had high hopes for this to develop into something really cool, but I think I've reached a point in my life where I need games to meet some base level of quality for me to invest any time into. Especially in this case where the game looks noticeably worse than the nearly 10 year old product it's drawing it's inspiration from.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

@fisk0 said:

@arbitrarywater: There's a pretty good GOG review describing it as being a good update on the combat of the isometric Fallouts, but not having anywhere as good writing. You can't link directly to specific GOG reviews, but last I checked it was the second review from the top here: http://www.gog.com/game/underrail

Even the effusively positive reviews seem to comment on the quality of the writing... which means this is definitely a "get on sale" game for me. If I wanted to play something that looked deliberately old in a way I could get behind, I'd be working my way through Serpent in the Staglands right now.

totempolejones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By totempolejones

@arbitrarywater: Trust me, this time it's the real deal. The theme and world may not be to everyones liking but this is as close as we're gonna get to spiritual successor to F1/F2.

Of course it's its own game with many original systems and fresh ideas above all.

And yeah, the writing is nothing to write home about, but it doesn't get in the way of having fun with systems, exploration and suprisingly deep stealth/combat. Gets the job done without much flair.

I prefer that to exposition dumps (see Pillar Of Eternity, DA: Inquisition).

Error52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If you like Fallout 2 though, get the fuck out of here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.