Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uplay

Concept »

Uplay is a service created by Ubisoft to provide an experience similar to the trophies/achievements offered by Sony and Microsoft respectively.

My keys are banned or already in use.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Farcry 3 on steam sale for 7.50 awesome. Uplay not so awesome. After getting into uplay after a long while I noticed one game was missing from my uplay account. Splinter cell conviction. I remember it being an ok game that I played once for like five minuets after I bought it, so I thought I would go back to it. I click the activate CD key button on uplay and then find my keys from steam and enter them. Uplay tells me the the key for conviction is already in use by someone else and they also tell me the key for the insurgency pack DLC has been banned. Any info on this matter would be great.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why are you asking here? Ask Ubisoft.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I asked them. No response. I asked them again and no response. Can't get anyone at ubisoft to email me back and I went through the proper channels. Was asking if anyone has had this happen to them/their uplay account.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you emailed them they're not going to respond immediately. If you care that much call them.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

That sucks, I will say Ubisoft are not the quickest in the customer service dept. 1st port of call would probably be try the facebook page. You'll probably have to wait awhile for response, phone call probably the best option, best of luck.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ubisoft said they can't help me because I bought the game from steam and not them.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@funzzo: Wow, great answer and customer service... >_>

Sorry to hear about that man.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#8  Edited By sammo21

Yeah, email response is total garbage.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Funzzo

I just contacted Steam. Hope they can help. I find it odd that ubisoft told me they have no record of the CD-key I was given by steam ever existing or being on another account as the uplay "service" says it is.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

Are you sure you are using the key in the right place? I just had some confusion with the AC revelation bonus keys i got from Steam.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By GaspoweR

Actually, that's sort of happening to me as well with games that I bought recently. From what I can tell their key activation is kind of in-flux since even though I already have the game installed and activated, the option to "activate product" always shows up in their individual UPlay pages. I would re-paste/re-enter the key thinking that it just needed additional verification so that button would go away then it would say that the key is invalid or it has already been used. It's kinda weird though with your case since fortunately for me, I could access and play the games I have just fine but hopefully you can get your problem sorted out.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

This is why I refuse to buy PC versions of Ubisoft games. Christ I hate Uplay. Way way more than GFWL even.

gusssk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like you have a compromised activation code. Submit a help ticket. You must create a new acct before creating a new ticket.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.