Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 16, 2004

Bloodlines is a first person action-RPG built on Source engine and based on the World of Darkness setting from White Wolf.

Hyper-blurry HUD, plus I can't level up. Help?

breenmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By breenmachine

So, after hearing about this game from several people, I bought it on Steam to try it out. I knew about how buggy it was, so I installed the latest version of the unofficial patch (plus version). After some tweaking (it won't run unless I activate Steam in admin mode), the game is playable... to an extent. The HUD and certain textures are some of the lowest-rez things I've ever seen, but I can get past that. The main problem is that I can't seem to allocate my experience points. I haven't heard of anybody else having this problem. Can you guys help?

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Loafsmooch

I played through the steam version without the unofficial patch, never had any problems or bugs that I can remember, try without it.

A low res HUD could be caused by having some settings set to performance/lowest in your GPU control center.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Some people at the steam forum suggest that the True Patch Gold fixes the blurry problem. Try that I guess, as for not being able to spend your XP points, I'd try reinstalling the game. Also, is the auto-spending on? You need 3 XP to buy level 1 and 2 skills, 6 for level 3 etc.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Marz

did you install the community patch?

A_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By A_Dog

When you're levelling up you need to select the circle of the skill you want, then press accept. Are you doing that?

breenmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By breenmachine

I've already downloaded the 8.1 unofficial patch, and this is my second install of this game. I'm trying the True patch now. I'll let you know how it works.

breenmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By breenmachine

Well, I installed the True Patch, and now there aren't any textures anywhere, just pink checkerboards. And yes, I previously had selected the compatibility options that are supposed to fix that. I'm going to uninstall the whole thing again, delete all my local files, and sit on it for a while.

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By BombKareshi

About those experience points, you don't actually assign them. You collect them and when you've got enough, you get skill points to assign. That confused me the first time I played.

Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
    deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

theres a texture mod out there, i used that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.