Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 07, 2000

Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption follows the story of Christof Romuald as he searches for redemption as a former crusader turned eternally damned vampire.

Is this game worth a playthrough today?

Trexoton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Trexoton

I stumbled upon this after reading the kotaku story about games in new york. I love bloodlines, could this be worth enduring for the story/atmosphere?

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

I liked this game. It was buggy as hell though so I never got to finish it. It's got good atmosphere and story too. In short, give it a shot.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Marz

yes it's a pretty good game, won't control like bloodlines though... it's more point and click and party based.

Magilicutty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Magilicutty

I made the mistake of choosing Malkavian (sp?) as my first character and my first introduction to The Masquerade storyline (while playing through Bloodlines). I was confused as shit. I had no idea why my dialog options were nonsense. Never played Redemption though.

Atta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Atta

i usually don't write on the forums but this is something i can talk about:
     you liked bloodlines and have doubts about redemption? i played both and found redemption to be a lot better(not to mention less buggy). it's very a great game but make sure you check some youtube videos before buying it since it's a lot more rpg-like than bloodlines and i guess the graphics would seem really dated by today's standards. also...the game is hard as fuck early on.

PS: if you do decide to pick it up do yourself a favor and get the distance-blood-suck ability thing as soon as you can. friendly advice

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By cornbredx

This one is nothing like blood lines. 

That being said its an alright game, but as said previously its very buggy. Its also slow paced at times, and begins really hard (gets easier though). If you can stick through it being old, and buggy, ya its not bad. i play old games alot so take that how you will 

=) 

@Magilicutty:  
    Malkavian are insane and Bloodlines reflects that in their gameplay. You will also notice they tend to see things that aren't there.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By cloneslayer

I've only played Bloodlines, which is good but ganky as hell. Idk about Redemption though, or even how it plays.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Most of you seem to mistake the old Redemption withBloodlines.

I played Redemption years ago, but I never reached NY. The first part of the game is set in the past and, well, kinda sucks. I got stuck at a difficult part and gave up. I was really looking forward to get to the modern aera :-(  

… which I could years later in Bloodlines, a brilliant vampire RPG (though a decent fan patch is a must).

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Deusoma

Played through this game back in the day. This is basically Diablo in 3D except with a party. 

Also, while you can distribute skill points and whatnot, you don't really customize your character, you are always Christof Romuald, crusader, and as the plot goes, you always get brought into the Brujah clan. Though your party members are from all over the place, so you get to see a fair number of abilities.

Aelric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Aelric

Yeah, it's worth playing if you don't mind some strict linearity and jagged 1999 graphics and gameplay.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By DeF

just grabbed this off goodoldgames.com on sale for 4,79$

been interested in this since it came out but never got around to buying it. I like that GOG.com always has some cool extras like artwork, digital manual, wallpapers to go with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.