Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Vampyr

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 05, 2018

A horror action-RPG developed by Dontnod Entertainment. In Vampyr the player takes control of a vampiric doctor during the 1918 'Spanish flu' pandemic in London.

Does Vampyr get shown off at e3 2016?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

The game is slated for 2017, but how much do you think we see it at e3 this year?

This is no easy way to ask this, but does the sucess of Life Is Strange suddenly make Vampyr much harder to make? This projects is not just some side thing for them now, because their REPUTATION is on the line. Dontnod can't have the Focus Home Interactive cutting corners or releasing the game half done because its not Focus Home Interactive that anyone is looking at - it is DONTNOD, right?

It would be great to know what is going on with this game, but I do wonder if the whole game will get pushed back simply because it NEEDS to be a better game.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I hope they show it, it sounds really interesting.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe?

But I wouldn't expect much from this game even though Life is Strange was a good game. Focus Home Interactive don't make or publish particularly quality games. They put their name on very mediocre tier games with a few good ones and more of the exceptions being two games that raised most of their budget through Kickstarter and then just partnered with Focus Home Interactive to handle the publishing side.

It doesn't matter if nobody is looking at it as a Focus Home Interactive game if they're the ones putting up the budget for it. I don't know how well Dontnod came out of Life Is Strange financially and if that game gave them any more power to get more money from Focus Home.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

hrrm?

I forgot allabout this game. Curious about it for sure. Can't help wishing this was just Life is Strange with a Vampire/blood-sucking mechanic instead of a time one though..

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By monkeyking1969

@jesus_phish said:

Maybe?

But I wouldn't expect much from this game even though Life is Strange was a good game. Focus Home Interactive don't make or publish particularly quality games. They put their name on very mediocre tier games with a few good ones and more of the exceptions being two games that raised most of their budget through Kickstarter and then just partnered with Focus Home Interactive to handle the publishing side.

It doesn't matter if nobody is looking at it as a Focus Home Interactive game if they're the ones putting up the budget for it. I don't know how well Dontnod came out of Life Is Strange financially and if that game gave them any more power to get more money from Focus Home.

It really depends on what the partnership was about, and every contract is different. I'm not even sure if Focus Home Interactive is paying ANYTHING for development. It could be just a distribution deal, i.e Focus is just the publisher and that's about it. I guess, only Dontnod or Focus would have to say, and there is NO real reason to reveal any of that to consumers.

My point really was, it is Dontnod's name that is really on the line now. Their sucess with LiS has raised expectations on anything they do. So, how carefully this game is shown off and when, now has a bit more at stake for them.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For whatever reason I had this momentary excitement that maybe Dreyer's Vampyr was getting a licensed game but nope.

I sure hope it would.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Oh man. I completely forgot this game was a thing until I saw this thread. Yeah I hope we get to see something of this game this year.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: That last part I completely agree with. Remember Me was meh, LiS was a standout and a success. If this is their next game then yes it's their name on the line. Nobody really expects great things from Focus Home.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.