Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Viewtiful Joe

Franchise »

Developed by Capcom's Production Studio 4; Viewtiful Joe is a cell-shaded action platformer detailing the adventures of movie-buff Joe. To save his girlfriend Silvia from Jadow, Joe accepts a device called the V-Watch from his hero Captain Blue and transforms into a superhero.

Kamiya wants to make Viewtiful Joe 3, isn't interested in Okami.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Icemael
    Link

Make it happen, Capcom. You've killed all hope of a proper Okami sequel, but it's not too late to atone for your sins. Let the man make Viewtiful Joe 3. NAO.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

I was going to post this just now, I had a long detailed post in the works!.. :)   

It's great to know he still has creative rights. I look forward to the day it happens.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By GunstarRed

Okami is awesome but its absolutely huge and bigger than most games of it's type I could easily be content with just the one game and I honestly don't know where you could go beyond the story in that game. (and there is ds one coming) I like that it isn't likely to get a proper sequel... I would definately be up for some more Viewtiful joe though (I have only played the first one though on the PS2... found it for £2 in my local supermarket)
    DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By DarkShaper

A new   Viewtiful Joe would kick so much ass, as long as they make meaningful changes to the gameplay.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By luce

Nooooooooooooo fuck you Okami-den!!

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Icemael
    @Linkyshinks: But he doesn't have the rights. That's what prevents him from making a sequel(unless Capcom asks him to, which I seriously doubt).
    Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Viewtiful Joe 3 would kick ass !  
    Make it happen

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Romination

I think Capcom KNOWS there's a want for VJ 3. After all, he's in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom now for the American one, it makes sense that they're just holding out for some reason we're not sure of.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Icemael:  

I had thought as much. The quote I read elsewhere was edited, it suggested he had some creative rights over the franchise:

"I don't have the rights to any of the IPs that I've made. They belong to the companies that publish them, and they're a business so they have a right to exploit those IPs as they want. [ With Capcom making an Okami title for DS ] Viewtiful Joe is probably all I've got left."          

I guess he was referring to development opportunities. If they don't allow him to have any role in a third game, that will be yet another kick in the teeth. I would want him to have a prominent role in the development of any third game, otherwise it would mean little to me and most fans.  
    mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By mracoon

It would great to see a new Viewtiful Joe game on current gen platforms. Never played Okami so I don't really care if they don't make a sequel, I've heard it's good though.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Icemael
    @mracoon: You need to play Okami.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks

I would love it if it came to Wii, Viewtiful Joe doesn't need HD graphics to look as great as it does. Inaba wanted it to come to Wii I recall. 

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Icemael

I'm not too keen on the idea of a Viewtiful Joe game for the Wii. The Wiimote's limitations would get in the way of the series' gameplay.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Linkyshinks

I think they could aid the gameplay myself, if they are well devised. Not everyone implement's motion controls poorly, thankfully.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Icemael

I think motion controls would be really distracting in a fast-paced beat 'em up like Viewtiful Joe. It could work great in puzzle sections -- god knows Viewtiful Joe's puzzles could use some improvement -- but I don't think that'd make up for the limitations the lack of buttons(and a second analogue stick) would create when it comes to combat. No, if you're going to make Viewtiful Joe 3, make it on 360.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Steve_C

Yeah. I always was annoyed with the direction they took with Okamiden. It seemed to go against the principles in the the first game, and devalued the brand - for me at least. And now Kamiya doesn't want to touch it either. I know it's good and all that they decided to revisted the game in the first place, but it's just a cash-in. Fuck you Capcom!

I still love Okami, but Okamiden looks pretty uninteresting at the moment. Just more the same. It's gotta have soul.

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

Meh, I was never a huge fan of Viewtiful Joe, too simplistic for my tastes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.