Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

VVVVVV

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jan 11, 2010

Retro 2D puzzle platformer in which players, rather than jumping, invert their own gravity to cover gaps and avoid obstacles.

Seen this? - Actual Commodore 64 port under development!

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 75

#1  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I found this awesome thread about a guy on the C64 Scene Database who is working on a port of VVVVVV for the Commodore 64, apparently with permission from Terry Cavanagh (the original developer) and Magnus Pålsson (the original composer) as long as it is a non-profit project.

While the original game had a C64 vibe to it I think the graphics are more in the vein of CGA or early EGA (IBM PC) graphics, and well, the C64 port won't look quite as colorful, but what it lacks in graphics it will surely make up for in music, which will undoubtedly be a perfect fit for the fantastic SID chip.

If you missed the link in the first sentence, here it is again: http://www.csdb.dk/forums/?roomid=7&topicid=77655

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sarkhan

That is soooo awsome! I wonder if i can put that on a blank cassette! Though i dont know how that would work these days :S But anyway. Said it before, i'll say it again. AWSOME!!
    fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fisk0  Moderator
    @Vortexus1981 said:
    " That is soooo awsome! I wonder if i can put that on a blank cassette! Though i dont know how that would work these days :S But anyway. Said it before, i'll say it again. AWSOME!! "

Since I don't own an actual C64 I don't know and have no way to try it out, but supposedly you should be able to transfer stuff to C64 readable cassettes if you use the VICE C64 emulator.

I guess the data was stored as low speed audio, like old modems and stuff, so you should even be able to (if you can find a program that can convert the data file to a C64 readable audio data) burn it to a CD, connect a CD player to the tape audio in port and play it to the C64, I know some home computers that used tape decks could handle that anyway.

sterbacblu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By sterbacblu

If this ever became available for sale with a box and everything, I would buy this even though I don't have a Commodore 64.  Then I would try to find a C64.  

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By buzz_clik

Rad. Thanks for the awesome news/link.

¡Viva 64!

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.