Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

War Thunder

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 15, 2013

War Thunder is a free-to-play air, ground and naval combat game set in the World War II, Cold War and Modern eras.

Anyone else playing this?

kurtkless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By kurtkless

After hearing about this from Drew on Friday, I checked it out. So far this game seems pretty cool, better than World of Warplanes. Any other GB duders playing this?

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SamStrife

I'm playing it and I love it. Slowly leveling up my Russian Planes (only just got to rank 2, which has granted me some Assault planes) and it's really cool to just hop in a battle or 2 a night.

Also the new 1.27 patch is awesome.

Duders should definitely check this out.

miniturehero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By miniturehero

Yeah, I'm really liking it. Leveling my American Planes to try and get my favourite plane (P51D)

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By IamTerics

I'm only about level 1 with each country but,I love it so far. I was seriously impressed by the variety of planes and the easy mouse controls. This seems like something the flight club guys would be into.

Wilshere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell yeah! Leveling up the German tech tree. It will be amazing when they unveil the land and sea troops.

Nhoj_Sllew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nhoj_Sllew

I've been playing the hell outta this game, rank 8 in USA and Japan.

Been trying to avoid the temptation to play the OP Russian planes

fukkin yaks

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By butano

Apparently this got Greenlighted on Steam. I'll be sure to check it out when I get the time!

radecau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Having a lot of fun with this, really opens up once you get past the first couple of levels with a country.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Sin4profit

Is the forum broken?

...anyway, I've been playing War Thunder for the past 3 weeks. I've made it to player lvl 8, averaging lvl 3 in most countries, and my top country is russia on lvl 7.

It was all going well and i maintained a top position for the majority of the games i've played but mysteriously, either something has changed in the game, server side, when i reached lvl 8, or i somehow woke up terrible at the game.

Either way, it's a pertty good game while it lasts and the mouse and keyboard controls work(ed) fairly well with the flight model.

Jayzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

This game is awesome. So fun to pick up and play. Tons of stats tied to each plane though. little overwhelming

mrGREEK360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm playing with the name mrGREEK360 with the Sitek X52 PRO Flight Stick HOTAS. Add me if there is a friends list in game. I'm really looking forward to the WAR THUNDER Quick Look that Drew said is incoming. I hope it come soon tho as I'm refreshing every few hours hoping it will pop up. :(

tonyisdeformed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tonyisdeformed

I have been harrassing drew to quicklook this for a few months. Glad he is finally showing interest. If anyone wants to play let me know. Name in game is Duesdextera. All my nations are around level 11

cid798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely love it. Full on sims like DCS are amazing but the way this game offers Arcade, Historical, and Full Real Battles I think is really great. Super impressed with the work invested in this and I think the level of detail is amazing, not just graphics but the flight models and physics.

Once I literally had to land using my flaps because both my ailerons and elevators were non-functional.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I'll give it a shot on PS4. What I've seen of it on youtube looks quite awesome. Wonder how it'll all come together, once they patch in ground vehicles.

drchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started playing it last night. It's really cool. I'm actually playing it using the HOTAS controller that came with Ace Combat 6 for 360. It's guts is a Saitek x45 (or something like that, I guess). Windows 8 detected the stick without needing drivers, WT detected the stick and it took like 15 min to configure all the buttons to my liking. I don't have a TrackIR (yet) but the stick has a hat on it I have mapped to look around.

Playing American at the moment. Once I get out of the beginner planes I'll start leveling Japan also.

Do you guys know, do you get more XP for doing the non-arcade modes? I wasn't sure.

Also, Steam has a $19 dlc you can do that gives you the P51D, does anyone know can you fly it immediately or do you still have to work your way through the ranks to get to it?

Feel free to add me; name in game is DrChi

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Missacre

I downloaded this game a few days ago, and it's pretty damn fun. I love airplanes of any kind so this is perfect. Also I can't wait for the land and sea vehicles.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Me. I am.

Fattony12000 be my name.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Me. I am.

Fattony12000 be my name.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll add everyone that put their names here. I'm Epidemik in game. I'm super into this game for the last few days. So much so that I got a premium membership and I'm looking into getting a stick. Game controls surprisingly well with mouse and keyboard, though.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Scrawnto

Well dang, I finally decided to check this game out, and I'm really enjoying it. I wish I had gotten into it sooner. In fact, I'm liking it so much that I'm starting to think about getting a stick and Track IR, and holding off on a new console.

I haven't played a flight combat game this much since Wing Commander 3. I tend to lean towards the space sim stuff, since I'm too intimidated by DCS or flight sims of that level of realism, but this seems to strike a really good balance.

The damage modeling is amazing too! I have a ton of fun just getting shot up and struggling to make it back to the base and land. Every time is a new, interesting challenge trying to fly with different limitations.

Edit: Oh, and my name is ChamferScuffgate in the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.