Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warframe

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 25, 2013

From the studio that co-created the Unreal series comes a free-to-play third-person Loot Shooter pitting a group of superhuman warriors (in advanced exo-armor systems known as "Warframes") against a hostile universe.

In general, how is the feature parity between PS4 and PC?

therealnelsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I played a bunch of warframe on the PC probably a year ago, but gradually fizzed out. Since then, I've gotten a PS4 and would love jump back in on the console since the recent interest on the site, but I'm a little hesitant since it sounds like it lags behind PC in terms of features.

Do all features available in the PC eventually make it to the PS4 version? How long does it usually take for those features to make it to the console? Any reason to suspect support may wane in the future?

I want to play on the PS4 but I also want to play the proper game with all it's features!

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I would also love to know this. My PC crapped out a few weeks ago and I don't have the money to get it up and running again for a bit. So if the PS4 version is relatively close to the PC one I'd love to play it there.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By onarum

Rule of thumb is if you can play a game on the PC you should do that period, if you can't then go for the console version.

But really if PC is not an option why not try the ps4 version anyway? it's free after all.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Sterling

From looking at their website, here are the current versions for each system.

PC15.8.1PS415.5XB115.5

I also wanted to get back into the PS4 version, but might also try the Xbox One version. And from comparing patch note posts in their forum. It looks like the 15.5 come out on PC in November, and mid December for consoles. Most of the updates appear to only be one to one and half months out from PC to console versions. So not bad. Pretty damn good turn around actually. Its not like crazy major versions ahead on the PC. And after looking over their site and their forums, I am very impressed with this company. Much respect for them. They are on this game none stop, and constantly communicating with their user base. Their update posts are very detailed and long. I think I am going to jump back down this rabbit hole. I played it for about 100 hours on PC when it first came out, but then didn't get into it too much on PS4 when that came out. But I think now after Destiny and all these changes I am going to go all out with it on console.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Zeik

Pretty much everything eventually comes to the PS4, but it does lag behind the PC usually by about a month. Unlike on the PC they have to go through playstations cert process, so it adds some extra time. They do however pack in several updates and hotfixes worth of content, so it's not like you're waiting a month for a tiny update. Whenever a new update makes it to the PS4 it's something big.

The only thing that comes to mind that is simply not available on PS4 (besides some graphical features) is the random log-in plat discounts, due to their inability to influence playstation store prices.

Given that they just recently released the Xbox One version of the game it doesn't seem like they have any intention of slacking on console stuff.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yeah, everything comes to the consoles. Usually there's about a month's wait, but sometimes they will launch things on all platforms at the same time, like the Nova Prime warframe or the Halloween event. And there's no reason to believe console support is waning, if anything it's gotten better since they can do small bugfixes now without going to certification, and they've been saying Warframe is the most downloaded game on PS4.

therealnelsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, as usual you guys are the best. Think I'm just going to jump in on the PS4. A month isn't so bad for me and I've just gotten my brand new giant TV and surround sound setup from black friday, so this seems like the perfect game to break it in with.

Add me if you guys are looking to play! PSN: EKUST1X

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

They always come in first to the PC and the console versions come in later. Usually the PS4 gets it first but I dunno how it is currently.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.