Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warframe

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 25, 2013

From the studio that co-created the Unreal series comes a free-to-play third-person Loot Shooter pitting a group of superhuman warriors (in advanced exo-armor systems known as "Warframes") against a hostile universe.

Warframe Nightwave Series 3 - The Glass Maker (Guide)

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By rapid

Hi All,

A new Nightwave series is out now on all platforms. Nightwave is Warframe's free battle pass / weekly radio play drama. The GB Warframe community will need to channel their inner Nancy Drew, and join the ClueCrew because the "Glass Maker" features a Crime Scene Murder Mystery.

No Caption Provided

A serial killer is on the loose, "Glassing" his victims. An old Orokin form of death sentence where the convicted's soul is extracted, and their bodies turned to glass. The Tenno has been tasked to find out who the murderer is.

As typical of Warframe when new mechanics are released, (such as this new investigation and "weave" mechanic) they are not explained in-game so I have written this guide to hopefully save some players from potential frustration over what the Glass Maker asks them to do.

Part 1

Starting Nightwave:

After a brief cut-scene, players will be brought into a reconstructed crime scene in first-person view inside the market in Cetus. We will need to inspect 5 pieces of evidence and memorize (or screencapture) a clue from each.

Note

It is important to note each player will have a differentset of evidence which is randomly assigned for each player from a pool of possible evidence. Nevertheless, the locations of these clues will be same, but what the clues are might be different in your playthrough. If you see [brakets] around a word it means this is a variable based on the player.

Inspect Dead Ostron Man

1. Inspect the Ayatan Eye - Remember the [Symbol]
    2. Inspect the Ostron [Weapon] - Remember what the [Weapon] is / looks like.
    3. Inspect Corpus Data Log - Remember of [whom] profile picture is of
    4. Inspect Burned Ostron Note - Remember from [whom] is author of the note
    5. Inspect the Dencrypted Message of the Datapad - Remember the [Highlighted Keyword]

Here's an example of the notes I made for my playthrough

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

After inspecting all 5 peices of evidence you will prompted to inspect the Dead Ostron Man again. At this point you will need to farm 10 resource unique resources called "Cephalites Resonance" before being able to progress any further in your investigation.

These Cephalites are little white lights that spawn randomly in missions and open world areas (except-void fissure missions) Nora will tell you when they spawn. But the cephalites will start turning enemies around them to glass. Breaking the glass nodes covering these enemies will cause them to become vulnerable and destroying them will have a chance to drop Resonance. As stated, the player will need 10 to progress, but cannot carry more than 20 Cephalite Resonances in their inventory.

Once at least 10 Cephalite Resonances have been collected return to the Dead Ostron Man again. The player will be teleported into the the "Weave" a set islands where a mysterious voice will start asking them questions. Players will need to (short hop) jump onto platform corresponding to the clues they have gathered. Note: Players will not be able to Bullet Jump in the wave.

Be careful if you fail to correctly jump on the correct clue, or fall off the map you will be ejected from the wave and the 10 CephalitesResonance will have been consumed (will have to farm another 10 again). There's a 60 second timer starts right away. (ignore the dialogue focus on the quiz!)

Here's a video of me going through Nightwave Glass Maker Part 1

https://youtu.be/lsbcwk91QPo

Part 2

Once again you are brought a second crime scene.

Again, same as Part 1 please note:

It is important to note each player will have a differentset of evidence which is randomly assigned for each player from a pool of possible evidence. Nevertheless, the locations of these clues will be same, but what the clues are might be different in your playthrough. If you see [brakets] around a word it means this is a variable based on the player.

Inspect the Glassed Corpus Man

1. Inspect the Corpus Helmet - Remember what the helmet looks like in the picture
    2. Inspect the Journal - Remember what the [Highlighted Keyword].
    3. Inspect Radiometric Data - Remember the [Highlighted numeral]
    4. Inspect Brochure - Remember what the brochure looks like
    5. Inspect the Corpus ID Badge - Remember the [Planet] looks like

Here's the notes I took for my game.

No Caption Provided

After inspecting all 5 pieces of evidence you will prompted to inspect the glass'd corpus man again.

Make sure you have 10 (although of the Deadlock Protocol update, the requirement is now lowered to 5) Cephalite Resonances

Like before, the player will be teleported into the the "Weave" a set islands where a mysterious voice will start asking them questions. Players will need to (short hop) jump onto platform corresponding to the clues they have gathered. Note: Players will not be able to Bullet Jump in the wave.

Once you have inspect the clue and return to your orbiter. Nora will reveal more details about the Glass Maker.

Here's a video of me going through Nightwave Glass Maker Part 2

https://youtu.be/KQ94W5NdZ6I

Part 3

Once again you are brought a third crime scene.

Again, same as Part 1 & 2 please note:

1. Inspect the Corpus Datapad- Remember which Syndicate and their Sigil
    2. Inspect the communication tech - Remember what the [image looks like].
    3. Inspect Grineer Datapad - Remember the [Highlighted word]
    4. Inspect Weapon- Remember which weapon it is
    5. Inspect the Floof - Remember the [type] of floof it looks like
    No Caption Provided

After inspecting all 5 pieces of evidence you will prompted to inspect the glass'd grineer.

Make sure you have at least 5 Cephalite Resonances

Go into the Weave and answer the questions as before.

Here's a video of me going through Nightwave Glass Maker Part 3

https://youtu.be/gM7B5GqQYXw

Part 4

Again, same as previous Parts

No Caption Provided
    1. Inspect Worn Data Tablet- Remember the [Highlighed word]
    2. Inspect the standard Data Tablet - Remember the name of the [Highlighted] person
    3. Inspect Transmitted Component - Remember the [Highlighted number]
    4. Inspect Encrypted Data Tablet- Remember the [image & posture]
    5. Inspect the Digi Drive- Remember the [type / color ] of the digi drive

After inspecting all 5 pieces of evidence you will prompted to inspect the glass'd grineer.

Here's a video of me going through Nightwave Glass Maker Part 4

https://youtu.be/QjZP8vuzx_k

Part 5 Finale

Part 5

My final notice:

No Caption Provided
    1. Inspect Orokin Legem - Remember the [Emblem at the Center]
    2. Inspect the Weave Condult - Remember the [Blue Pattern]
    3. Inspect Ceremonial Weapon - Remember the [type of weapon it is]
    4. Inspect Glass Shard Remember the [image & color]
    5. Inspect the Ancient Shackles- Remember the [number ]

After inspecting all 5 pieces of evidence you will prompted to inspect the Statue of Nihil

After answering the quiz you will finally confront Nihil in a Boss Fight

No Caption Provided

Inside the Nihil's final weave, the Tenno will be standing on several glass platforms with the Glass Maker at the center. Nihil has two phases, a shielded phase and a vulnerable phase. Nihil will attack the Tenno in two ways: by throwing Glass Shards which freeze and slow their Warframe or by swinging the large sword called the Vitrica. Nihil will telegraphs when he is about about to attack with Vitrica, with a long wind up animation. He will either go for a vertical or horizontal swing. Be weary while it is not difficult to evade his sword swing, should the hit land it will mean instant death for the Tenno.

It should be the player does not access to their skills or weapons during this boss fight. Instead, the player must dodge, then pick up the Glass Shards that Nihil throws when they hit the platform.

In Nihil's shielded phase, his life bar will be greyed out. However, the player will notice floating glass crystals floating on each platform. Find the Crystal that looks most White. As Nihil throws the shards at the player, pick up the shards quickly and then throw the shard at White Crystal. This will "free" the prisoner in the shard and they will make Nihil temporary vulnerable.

In Nihil's vunerable phase, the glass shard can be thrown at Nihil instead. It will take 3 hits to deplete one 1/3 of his overall health each time. After which, Nihil will regenerate his shields and more crystals will appear.

Do the same, 3 times to finish off Nihil

Upon defeating Nihil you will be rewarded with a Blueprint in which to craft Nihil's weapon the Vitrica for yourself, as well as a special ship decorations with much lore implications as to the fate of Nihil.

No Caption Provided

If you are having trouble with the boss fight take a look at my video of my playthrough:

https://youtu.be/jcmK9xHTZTE

Here's a clip of the ship decoration you get as part of the reward for completing the Glass Maker.

https://youtu.be/j8liWlh_Q4Q

Having trapped the Glass Maker, you can pay him a little visit once a while.

If you need more assistance. Hit up the Giant Bomb Warframe Clan / Discord https://www.giantbomb.com/warframe/3030-38788/forums/pc-giant-bomb-alliance-1760576/

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Monkeyman04

Thanks for this rundown. I didn't know I was gonna take a test when I got the 10 Cephalite Resonances my first time.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rapid

Hey all Part 2 of the Glass Maker was released today. See below for my version and hope that helps you.

Part 2

Once again you are brought a second crime scene.

Again, same as Part 1 please note:

Inspect the Glassed Corpus Man

1. Inspect the Corpus Helmet - Remember what the helmet looks like in the picture
    2. Inspect the Journal - Remember what the [Highlighted Keyword].
    3. Inspect Radiometric Data - Remember the [Highlighted numeral]
    4. Inspect Brochure - Remember what the brochure looks like
    5. Inspect the Corpus ID Badge - Remember the [Planet] looks like

Here's the notes I took for my game.

No Caption Provided

After inspecting all 5 pieces of evidence you will prompted to inspect the glass'd corpus man again.

Make sure you have 10 (although of the Deadlock Protocol update, the requirement is now lowered to 5) Cephalite Resonances

Like before, the player will be teleported into the the "Weave" a set islands where a mysterious voice will start asking them questions. Players will need to (short hop) jump onto platform corresponding to the clues they have gathered. Note: Players will not be able to Bullet Jump in the wave.

Once you have inspect the clue and return to your orbiter. Nora will reveal more details about the Glass Maker.

Here's a video of me going through Nightwave Glass Maker Part 2

Loading Video...

Hope this helps

If you need more assistance. Hit up the Giant Bomb Warframe Clan / Discord https://www.giantbomb.com/warframe/3030-38788/forums/pc-giant-bomb-alliance-1760576/

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rapid

Hey all Part 3 of the Glass Maker was released today. See below for my version and hope that helps you.

Part 3

No Caption Provided

Loading Video...

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey all Part 4 of the Glass Maker was released. See below examples locations but clues will be randomized for every player!

Part 4

Again, same as previous Parts

No Caption Provided
    1. Inspect Worn Data Tablet- Remember the [Highlighed word]
    2. Inspect the standard Data Tablet - Remember the name of the [Highlighted] person
    3. Inspect Transmitted Component - Remember the [Highlighted number]
    4. Inspect Encrypted Data Tablet- Remember the [image & posture]
    5. Inspect the Digi Drive- Remember the [type / color ] of the digi drive

Here's a video of me going through Nightwave Glass Maker Part 4

Loading Video...

SalvatoreBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@rapid said:

Hey all Part 3 of the Glass Maker was released today. See below for my version and hope that helps you.

Part 3

No Caption Provided

Loading Video...

Effective and interesting post for reading, i really love it and waiting for updates

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rapid

Hey all

The final Part of the Glass Maker (Episode 5) was released today. See below for my version of the clues and locations. Remember these are randomized for every player!

Part 5

My final notice:

No Caption Provided
    1. Inspect Orokin Legem - Remember the [Emblem at the Center]
    2. Inspect the Weave Condult - Remember the [Blue Pattern]
    3. Inspect Ceremonial Weapon - Remember the [type of weapon it is]
    4. Inspect Glass Shard Remember the [image & color]
    5. Inspect the Ancient Shackles- Remember the [number ]

After inspecting all 5 pieces of evidence you will prompted to inspect the Statue of Nihil

After answering the quiz you will finally confront Nihil in a Boss Fight

No Caption Provided

Inside the Nihil's final weave, the Tenno will be standing on several glass platforms with the Glass Maker at the center. Nihil has two phases, a shielded phase and a vulnerable phase. Nihil will attack the Tenno in two ways: by throwing Glass Shards which freeze and slow their Warframe or by swinging the large sword called the Vitrica. Nihil will telegraphs when he is about about to attack with Vitrica, with a long wind up animation. He will either go for a vertical or horizontal swing. Be weary while it is not difficult to evade his sword swing, should the hit land it will mean instant death for the Tenno.

It should be the player does not access to their skills or weapons during this boss fight. Instead, the player must dodge, then pick up the Glass Shards that Nihil throws when they hit the platform.

In Nihil's shielded phase, his life bar will be greyed out. However, the player will notice floating glass crystals floating on each platform. Find the Crystal that looks most White. As Nihil throws the shards at the player, pick up the shards quickly and then throw the shard at White Crystal. This will "free" the prisoner in the shard and they will make Nihil temporary vulnerable.

In Nihil's vunerable phase, the glass shard can be thrown at Nihil instead. It will take 3 hits to deplete one 1/3 of his overall health each time. After which, Nihil will regenerate his shields and more crystals will appear.

Do the same, 3 times to finish off Nihil

Upon defeating Nihil you will be rewarded with a Blueprint in which to craft Nihil's weapon the Vitrica for yourself, as well as a special ship decorations with much lore implications as to the fate of Nihil.

No Caption Provided

If you are having trouble with the boss fight take a look at my video of my playthrough:

Loading Video...

Here's a clip of the ship decoration you get as part of the reward for completing the Glass Maker.

Having trapped the Glass Maker, you can pay him a little visit once a while.

Loading Video...

Hope this helps, I also tried to avoid any spoiler lore details in these posts, but if you like to talk about the lore feel free to reply with your thoughts!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.