Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warframe

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 25, 2013

From the studio that co-created the Unreal series comes a free-to-play third-person Loot Shooter pitting a group of superhuman warriors (in advanced exo-armor systems known as "Warframes") against a hostile universe.

Warframe The Second Dream Spoilers Thread

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By rapid

Update 18 released a new story quest "The Second Dream" that reveals the true nature of the Tenno. The update has only been released on PC thus far.

Careful for spoilers if you have not played it. I strongly advise anyone interested to play it for yourself first hand. The Second Dream quest can only be unlocked after completing the prerequisite quest "Natah"

No Caption Provided

The Second Dream

Where do we begin on the Second Dream quest. The crux of the story is that The Stalker's pursuit of Tenno has led him to ally with the recently awakened sentient being Hunhow. Hunhow knows the location of The Lotus, and where she has hid the Reservoir, that we are told is the Tenno's hidden weakness. After a few missions in attempt to find the Reservoir before The Stalker, It is then revealed that the Reservoir is actually hidden on Earth's Moon, long thought to have been destroyed during The Old War. The Moon has been kept inside the Void all this time. Furthermore, the Reservoir has been the true resting place of you, The Operator. I and a lot of other Warframe players always suspected that the Warframe was nothing but an AI. The fact that you can possess multiple Warframes yet The Lotus always referred to the Player as "Tenno". I thought the reveal of the player and the Warframe being separate entities was well done. The mission leading up to this reveal has to be done Solo and the Sentient Fighters and Mages (on the Moon) is quite challenging to defeat by yourself. I found out after completeing the quest that defeating them is actually totally optional. The challenge of defeating them was I guess rewarded with the cathartic moment of when the Operator is able to melt several Sentients with his or her "Focus" (It's a laser hand... just saying) while being carried in the arms of the operator's Warframe.

Which leads me to the climatic scene back on the Tenno Ship, Liset where once again (somehow) The Stalker makes it on board the Orbiter, Even the Lotus exclaims, "Stalker? How?!". In the last cut-scene with Stalker he stabs "War" the sword he has been wielding into the operator's Warframe. We get dialogue from Hunhow talking to Stalker who is now chocking the Operator. This is when the Warframe miraculously comes to life and breaks the sword in its chest into half. Which somehow severed the link between Stalker and Hunhow. Which leads to the speculation if the Warframe come to life on its own? Up to this point Hunhow had been monologing about how the Warframe are just metal puppets of the Tenno. How the only way for Stalker to end his despair is to kill the Operator. Perhaps The Stalker himself is just a Warframe, and was control by a Tenno at one point, and realized it was being used for War, and wanted revenge on the Tenno. Nevertheless The Stalker's true backstory still remains in question. After the sword is destroyed, the Stalker disappears the blinding light as he leaves, knocks the Tenno unconscious.

The final scene, Lotus mysteriously appears (where were you all this time?!) and carries the Tenno to the Somatic Link a chamber in the Oribiter where just prior the Player was fighting The Stalker. It is at this point where we are able to customize our true-self, I made myself look like an anime mobile suit pilot of course. If it is not blatantly obvious, Lotus spells it out that this is our trueself speaking directly to the newly customized character. As a player who had been playing and following this game's updates for more than a year and half now this moment made me scream like a little fanboy inside. (Digital Extremes pulled a reverse MGSV on us!)

Lotus gives you some backstory into your past. The game will then allow you choose between one of the 5 Tenno "schools" of philosophy, and like a sort of personality test, based on some of the dialogue choices you make at this point it will recommend which School to choose. Although I regret picking Vazarin, do not pick waves it is by far the least useful School out of the 5) The school will unlock essentially a the Focus system, Tenno Skill true. A 5th ability.

Now I do not want to get into specifics of the Focus system right now. DE is calling it beta feature, and it is clearly labelled beta feature when it is unlocked. There's a lot of problems with the Focus system right now that I am sure the developers will have to address soon.

But I am more curious what people thought about the revelations about the Tenno.

Here's a video of @rapid playing through The Second Dream which I recorded with the help GB Clan Duders Amikron, @tbk , and @uberexplodey

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Just finished it myself and picked Zenurik cause of all the lens I had been getting from the daily sorties. Now I see what the chat meant by don't pick waves XD.

The quest itself was pretty neat, the way my warframe collapsed as the tenno dropped out of the reservoir, and then having the tenno touch it to breathe life back into it. I actually didn't realize you could left click to shoot an iron man hand beam until I'm back in my ship and I dodged all of the stalker's wave and reached an orb that I had to shoot at. So when I got carried out of the reservoir I just immediately thought "Oh it's one of those sequences where they make it seem like you're going to die for dramatic effects while you drag yourself down the corridor" without even trying to click. And getting past Stalker's sword beams that first time without shooting them down was pretty infuriating as I got pushed back against the door at one point and was pretty much stun locked and trapped in there.

But overall I liked it, I don't know about anyone else but I usually play warframe muted while I listen/watch something else but I actually unmuted for this quest as it was pretty intriguing.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By mordukai

I recently wanted to go back to Warframe since they did that revamp of the traversal mechanics so I thought to go back and start my grinding for Mag Prime. Then I read they removed it from the game cause of "reasons".

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mordukai: They removed stuff from drops but you can still buy it from people in the trading section for Platinum if you really want him. Spending some money and trading with people is how I got my Ember Prime, Orthos prime, and a bunch of good mods.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@memonk: Didn't know that. Good to know. I'll look into it.

RupertTheBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RupertTheBear

The quest was awesome. It gave us some answers and brought more life to the Tenno lore. I also took alot of pictures during the mission.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I like to call it "A Boy/Girl and His/Her Warframe"

j0lter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was probably my favorite quest of the game so far, I loved every moment of it. I didn't read anything or follow this quest up to its release at all, so i went in completely blind. I could feel the shock in my body when a character create popped up. The music was also stellar, I just loved this quest to death.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rupertthebear: Nice pictures man. Your Tenno looks crazy.

@tbk, @uberexplodey I noticed that the video start having audio sync issues part way, that's the video encoding, not the game. I upload a fix tonight. Did you guys take any cool pictures during the quest, I was recording so I didn't have a chance.

Sdoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 7

I played this game back in closed beta. Hell, I'm a founders club member. They sent me a shirt and everything. I figured I was done with it after not playing for what must be a year now and just read the OP.

I really wish I hadn't read that. If you have ever played Warframe, you owe it to yourself to play this content. Holy shit.

tbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rapid: two of the moon while running solo :<

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rapid

@j0lter: Yeah they really did a great job with music in this one. This score in particular in Second Dream definitely has raised the bar. Definitely one of the things that helped really evoke the mood and scale of the quest.

Loading Video...

McHampton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that all sounds awesome and I can't wait for it to hit the PS4 version.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Just finished it myself and picked Zenurik cause of all the lens I had been getting from the daily sorties. Now I see what the chat meant by don't pick waves XD.

SOB! People were warning about that and I missed it?

Damn!

Well, if anyone needs a healer for Warframe you probably already can find me.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rapid
    tbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tbk

uh here you go?

Wizard free?
    Wizard free?
    No Caption Provided
    I still have no idea what to think about this whole thing... weaponized 12 year olds?
    I still have no idea what to think about this whole thing... weaponized 12 year olds?

PS Ivara is pretty dumb in a good way?

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Dark Sector.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

The Second Dream quest was amazing. Warframe is definitely one of the best games I've played in the last several years. Seeing thing go from what it was in late alpha on PC to now is astounding. Way better than any free to play game has any right to be.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.