Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 18, 2008

An MMORPG based on the Games Workshop franchise developed by Mythic Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. Some of the features were brutal RvR battles (Realm vs Realm) and siege warfare. Warhammer Online was shut down December 18th, 2013.

More Server Shutdowns

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By YoungFrey

They are closing Iron Rock and Volkmar  in  North America and Carroburg in Europe.  It's hard not to see this as a very bad sign.  So they have lost 1/2 of a small US playerbase?  If it's anything like a WoW server, that means there are what 10K players in NA?  I wonder if they could even go free-to-play if they wanted at this point.  It would probably produce a big player surge that would necessitate more servers. So I interpret further closings as a sign they are doubling-down on the monthly fee model.  As a fan of the Warhammer fiction, it saddens me.  But then I never paid to play the game either so it's not like I did anything to help them.
    SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SomeJerk

After Jacobs left and they took a new direction I'd been expecting this, not that Jacobs "leaving" was a bad thing, but, eh. Nothing but catering to the hardcore. I'm told the gap between fresh R40 and R40 with full Sovereign is nothing to R40 full Sov to R40 with the latest greatest Skaven gear, too. Did they add twinking possibilities to T2 and T3 yet? More nails in that coffin, yaknow. I sound like doom and gloom and I do, but melding servers is good.

Dark Age of Camelot still reigns supreme. Not the prettiest girl on the block, or the youngest of a legal age, but she sure knows how to have a good time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.