Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 18, 2008

An MMORPG based on the Games Workshop franchise developed by Mythic Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. Some of the features were brutal RvR battles (Realm vs Realm) and siege warfare. Warhammer Online was shut down December 18th, 2013.

Warhammer Online on a Mac?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

I don't know if a topic already exists for this or not, first off.  I did a search, nothing popped up under "Warhammer Online Mac", so if there is a topic somewhere on this, link it so a mod can lock this.

Either way, my roommate just bought Warhammer Online but she's got a Mac.  I've hit some forums and such, and most of them said that it can work with Boot Camp but no other virtualization setups.  I'm wondering if anyone else on here knows anything about getting it to work on a Mac.  I'm Mac-illiterate, as ya know...PC is superior.  = D  She really wants to play, though...and I'm sure some of you doods want to meet a chick, so here's your chance!!!

Well, not really...she's taken...and not by me.  =  (

So any info would be well appreciated.  Trying to read through all the crazy forum posts on Warhammer's forums and elsewhere is like trying to read the cave paintings left in the toilet by a 8-year-old that ate corn for two weeks straight.  =  /
    roblopez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By roblopez

I'm pretty sure her best bet is to install boot camp and try it. 

I'm able to run it on medium-high settings using a macbook pro, 2gb ram, ati1600m.
    Windows XP SP3.

Im pretty sure no virtualization will run it and nope, there's no mac client nor word of one coming in the future.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

Only on medium-high?  Ouch.  The game can be very pretty, although there are tons of texturing issues and graphical glitches, but then again...what PC game DOESN'T have that at launch?  lol

Good to hear that you are DEFINITELY able to run it with Boot Camp.  I'll let her know, and thanks for the advice, sir.
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Branthog

grimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By grimes

I'm not even sure Warhammer uses two cores. More than 2 gigs of RAM doesn't do anything for the game.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Branthog

oedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By oedipus

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.