Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhawk

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 28, 2007

Based on the original PlayStation game of the same name, Warhawk for the PlayStation 3 opts for team-based multiplayer action on the ground and in the air instead of single-player flight combat.

Help me out in Warhawk?

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fr0br0

So I'm downloading Warhawk off of PSN right now as we speak, but this is going to be my first time playing. I hear the game can be intensely hard for people new to it. I was wondering if anybody kind enough could kind of show me the ropes of the game. Give me some tactic ideas. Tell me the main controls. That kind of stuff.

If you could, hit me up with a friend request and maybe you can tutor me over the game. My PSN is LiquidOp. I'll be on in a couple hours.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TheJollyRajah

First off, since you're new, I'd advise you to spend 5 minutes learning the controls in a game all by yourself. The controls will be awkward at first, but you'll get the hang of it soon enough.

Also, whenever you decide to run out into the battlefield, at least grab a rocket launcher. That way, if a Warhawk chases you, you can chase it away.

Everything else comes by playing the game. You'll get good soon enough.

My PSN name is the same as my Giant Bomb username.

absinthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By absinthetic

read the online manual for the control scheme since the downloadable doesnt come with one

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fr0br0

Thanks a lot guys. This helps.

And I have another question. Should I download the packs it says to download? Are both of them worth the money?

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By TheJollyRajah

You can play without them, but they're both worth a purchase. In fact, they have a deal now where you get both add-ons for a much cheaper price. It's about 11 bucks, I believe.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Make sure you join a server labeled "Rookie". The max rank is low, so you won't be playing against people who are way better than you.

absinthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By absinthetic
    Fr0Br0 said:
    "Thanks a lot guys. This helps.

And I have another question. Should I download the packs it says to download? Are both of them worth the money?
    "

see how you do with the game first, who knows, you may not even like it
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fr0br0

Okay, I think I'm getting the hang of this. The only problem I'm having so far is piloting the Warhawks. It seems like the people I play with (Rookie server) are miles better than me at piloting them. Is this a skill I will get better at the more I try? Because when I lock onto people, they seem to dodge my missiles without any effort, but I'm having a hard time dodging theirs.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By KingBroly

Go to Collection.  So many easy points to be had there.  I also like the Winning Bonus.  I think though when 1.50 comes out, people will setup Trophy Servers.  Kinda bad IMO, but not totally unexpected considering what happened with TF2 on PC.

tripSevens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tripSevens

Have you ever played any of the Battlefront games?

It's much like those. Just takes time, getting a feel for the various modes and maps.

Hit me up, my PSN is MorningRockStar. I don't play often, but I'm also somewhat of a rookie so we could learn together.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a patch coming that will include tutorial levels, that should help. :P

Once I get my PS3 back, I can teach you the basics, im pro in the WH. :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.