Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Watch Dogs

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 27, 2014

A third-person open-world game from Ubisoft, set in an alternate version of Chicago where the entire city is connected under a single network, and a vigilante named Aiden Pearce uses it to fight back against a conspiracy.

Can someone in the UK or US do me a favour?

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I'm trying to preorder Watch Dogs on the Uplay store...

I want the Uplay Exclusive Edition but there's no option to buy it for PC, at least on the Australian store (which it keeps redirecting me to). Can someone in the US or UK check the store for this version? Or can someone just tell me how to prevent it from redirecting me?

FrankNelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

is this it?

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/ThemeID.8605600/productID.299214500/WatchDogs-Deluxe-Edition.html

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's times like these I use my VPN... well really I just buy everything through a VPN.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EVO
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d056614f191a
    deactivated-5d056614f191a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

This http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/no_NO/pd/productID.279038000?cid=gmst-2-Preorder_Button--4-9-0114-1-2-2-Focus_Uplay_Edition

Thought i doubt you can buy it if its not in your local store

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@korwin said:

It's times like these I use my VPN... well really I just buy everything through a VPN.

Isn't that risky for Steam - as in they can ban you if they find out you've been using a VPN?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d056614f191a
    deactivated-5d056614f191a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@humanity said:

@korwin said:

Isn't that risky for Steam - as in they can ban you if they find out you've been using a VPN?

Yup

"You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, we may terminate your access to your Account."

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Tennmuerti

@hanskaosu said:

@humanity said:

@korwin said:

Yup

"You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, we may terminate your access to your Account."

For Steam specifically it is only risky if you use it to purchase outside of your zone for a cheaper deal. Like say through Russia who have much lower prices. Otherwise everybody would be doing it all the time. But say for unlocking games early that you have purchased normally, Steam doesn't give a fuck and closes it's eyes completely at VPN usage. That has been the status quo for years up to now anyway.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hanskaosu said:

@humanity said:

@korwin said:

Yup

For Steam specifically it is only risky if you use it to purchase outside of your zone for a cheaper deal. Like say through Russia who have much lower prices. Otherwise everybody would be doing it all the time. But say for unlocking games early that you have purchased normally, Steam doesn't give a fuck and closes it's eyes completely at VPN usage. That has been the status quo for years up to now anyway.

I always thought it was kind of ridiculous that in this new online era you are still beholden to geographical boundaries when making your digital purchases.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@evo said:

I'm trying to preorder Watch Dogs on the Uplay store...

I want the Uplay Exclusive Edition but there's no option to buy it for PC, at least on the Australian store (which it keeps redirecting me to). Can someone in the US or UK check the store for this version? Or can someone just tell me how to prevent it from redirecting me?

Just settle with what you can get, it's generally just not worth the possible drama's involved with trying to circumnavigate this shit.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

hmm yea i cant see a PC version in the list for the edition you want. But it seems like if it was on the list it would be £44.99 for a steelbook and a few extra skins (if youre one of those collectors then I understand). Game has the digital deluxe version for £40 and so does amazon which dont have the steelbook and misses around 2 of the 5 skins. Personally I plan on getting the Game version as it will add reward card points and they always eventually stack up.

What has most likely happened is it sold out quite early and they removed it from the list, if you click preorder, the PS4 option says "out of stock" so sorry duder as I doubt they will do any more copies

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@humanity: Unfortunately we are still limited by local currencies, income levels, tax systems, tax amounts, etc. You sell games in UK, the UK government want's it's cut, which means all the taxation, VAT and accounting bullshit that it entails, for example, which means sales have to be separate. You wouldn't be able to sell games for the same amounts in Russia/Ukraine for example, no one would buy them at US/EU prices, because of average income levels and cost of living. But selling at those low prices by default in EU/US would A. cut into profits a lot, B. step on practically everyone else's toes. C. limit the potential for Steam sales touting huge discounts. That's actually one of the niches a company like Green Man Gaming exploits, they buy cheap Steam keys in regions where prices are much lower and sell them as discounted games to US/EU customers.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tennmuerti: The problem is, in some of those European countries games are being sold for EU/US prices despite the much lower income levels. Specifically, they are being sold at EU prices, which is worse because the Euro stands higher than the dollar at the moment.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.