Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Nintendo announces the Xbox 3... I mean, Wii U Pro Controller

• 102 results
    Duskwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Duskwind

@DeF said:

@Duskwind said:

@DeF said:

@Hunter5024 said:

Does anybody know whether or not this will be bundled with the system?

Iwata said it will be sold separately. Just think about it, another controller packed in that would cost 40-ish bucks (like 360 pads and Dualshocks) on its own? Not a good idea.

@cosi83 said:

@Duskwind said:

What's the point of the Wii U? It's just a slightly beefed up version of the 360...released 7 years after the 360. Is this really something to get excited about?

exactly, this controller undermines the control pad

ummm... no? It's an optional controller for multiplatform games that won't use the touch-screen or when the features are 100% optional.

it seems you haven't seen ANYTHING other than news posts about how powerful the system is, right? first, the controller with the screen is absolutely essential and then all the Miiverse stuff they've shown yesterday has so much potential!

I've seen the controller with the screen. That's fine and all, but I want them to beef up the video card.

None of us have even seen anything that takes advantage of the system. How can you want them to beef up a card you haven't seen in action? Is it really all bout the uber highest-end graphics possible for you?

I'm pretty sure the very first footage shown being rendered by the system last year was described as being 360 quality, and slightly exceeding the 360 during certain scenes. If the system were a graphics powerhouse, it would have been in their best interests for the demo to have reflected it.

I'll be honest...amazing graphics and amazing gameplay matter equally to me. It's nice that we have Mario and the other Nintendo staples with their more lighthearted, artistic visual style. In fact, I'd say we need more of that aesthetic on the other consoles. That said, it looks once again like multiplatform and more mature games aimed at folks such as myself won't find much of a home on the Wii U.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By PillClinton

If this is basically just a 360 controller with a superior d-pad, which it seems to be, and makes porting third-party games over to WiiU easier for devs, I'm all for it.

coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By coughlanio

@Zor said:

Hopefully it comes with the system by default. Otherwise, 3rd parties aren't going to use it (add functionality for it) that much.

Well, I don't think the developers have to do any specific development for the controller, I'm sure it's mapped to the same input as the GamePad, just doesn't have the screen functionality. Although, "compatability" would have to be enabled, so games that use the GamePad exclusively can disallow the controller from being used.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.